Baader - 160mm AstroSolar Telescope Filter - Fits 180mm-250mm
The AstroSolar filters for telescopes include a temperature compensated cell to avoid stress under temperature changes.
The AstroSolar filters for telescopes include a temperature compensated cell to avoid stress under temperature changes. The film is cemented in an injection molded ring that has the equivalent thermal expansion as the astro solar material. This free floating film-carrier ring is held onto the aluminum frame with the help of another holding ring made of fiber reinforced plastic – for a maximum of security against breaking of the cell. This temperature compensated cell enables the AstroSolar filter material to retain its excellent optical quality at any temperature – be it -30°C or +50°C.
- original Baader AstroSolar® Safety Film (OD 5.0), cell mounted and quality inspected by skilled members of the AstroSolar staff
- Protection of the solar filter material with metal edges with the included clear white IR-rejecting front ring
- 2 sets of 3 injection molded centering-bolts (length 38mm) with threaded brass inserts to center the filter-cell in front of the tube opening. These bolts come in two diameters, 10mm and 20mm. Each bolt features injection molded rubber grip-faces, shaped to easily slide onto any telescope tube – but to come off very hard
- no tool mounting and adjustment of the centering bolts to fit a wide variety of mechanical tube diameters. Bolts made to contact the outside or optional (if appropriate) the inside of the optical instrument tube
- non-rotating sliding fasteners made from aluminum that hold the centering bolts. These metal sliders are equipped with a machined indicator to point towards the adjustment index
- additional Phillips screws are integrated into the sliding fasteners, so that the centering bolts can be firmly fastened with a screw driver if preferred by the user
- index scale provided beside each adjustment slot – adjacent to each sliding fastener, for fast and repeatable adjustment of the filter cell onto different telescope tubes
- black sliding washers supplied to securely cover the full length of the adjustment slots in the aluminum frame – for blocking sunlight from passing trough the filter cell beside the filter area
- only for ASTF-filters: rubber plugs supplied as cover for closing unused adjustment slots in the aluminum frame
- three security straps included, to secure the position of the filter cell with Velcro-adhesive pads. A safety feature to absolutely ensure a secure fit in front of the telescope under any circumstances (gust of wind asf)
- warning text printed onto the front side of each filter cell: Read the Instructions before use
- cardboard gift box fit for safely shipping the filter
|Free Shipping||Free Shipping Available|