Askar - ColourMagic C2 Duo SII and OIII Band Filter - 2"
The Askar 2" ColourMagic C2 Duo Band SII and OIII filter is tailored for color camera imaging. It effectively isolates narrowband emission lines of SII and OIII common in deep sky objects, especially nebulae.
Askar ColourMagic C2 Duo SII and OIII Band Filter - 2"
ColourMagic C2 SII and OIII Duo Band Features
- The Askar 2" ColourMagic C2 Duo Band SII/OIII Filter is geared for color camera users.
- Includes an SII/OIII filter to isolate the narrowband emission lines of 500.7nm and 672nm respectively in deep sky objects, and in particular emission and planetary nebulae.
- Narrowband filters restrict bandpass to specific emission lines, enhancing detail in deep sky objects as well as effectively reducing the impact of light pollution, making cosmic imaging more viable in light-polluted areas.
Enhances SII and OIII Emission Lines
For imagers with a color camera, the Askar 2" ColourMagic C2 Duo Band Filter consists of an SII/OIII filter which filters out consistent narrowband emission lines of 500.7nm and 672nm that are often found in most deep sky objects, and in particular emission and planetary nebulae.
Since the filter is considered narrowband, thus only allowing a bandpass within a specified emission line, it helps generate more detail in deep sky objects as well as to an extent, removing the effects of light pollution making imaging the cosmos more suitable and obtainable in light polluted areas.
The following filter specifications are as follows:
- The full width half maximum (FWHM) of the SII approximately 15nm while the OIII is 35nm.
- The filters have a measured light transmission of approximately 90%.
- 2mm thickness.
|Spend $100 for free shipping on qualifying items
|In The Box
- Askar ColourMagic C2 Duo SII and OIII Band Filter - 2"