Askar - APO185 185mm f/7 Triplet Refractor
The Askar 185APO is the largest in its Askar series, featuring a triplet refractor apochromatic optical tube assembly. With its impressive specifications including a substantial 185mm aperture, 1295mm focal length, and a native focal ratio of f/7, this telescope excels in terms of abundant light gathering power, resolution, brightness, and contrast.
Askar APO185 185mm f/7 Triplet Refractor
APO185 f/7 OTA Features
- The Askar 185APO, the largest in its series, is a triplet refractor apochromatic optical tube assembly featuring a massive 185mm aperture, 1295mm focal length, and a native focal ratio of f/7.
- Renowned for its abundant light gathering power, resolution, brightness, and contrast, it reaches a limited magnitude of 13.1, making it an excellent choice for both visual astronomy and imaging deep sky objects with lower magnitude.
- The Askar 185APO is equipped with a retractable dew shield featuring enlarged locking screws, serving the dual purpose of removing stray light that may affect exposures and preventing dew or moisture from entering the optics.
- Its rear lens tube incorporates an integrated retractable design for enhanced stability, accompanied by a rudder-type locking ring that facilitates adjustment, loosening, and tightening while ensuring a stable optical axis. This design allows for the attachment of a binoviewer for visual observation and, when extended, for imaging purposes with a flattener or reducer.
- The telescope includes a 400mm handle with dual functionality, serving as a handle to hold the optical tube and as a losmandy style mounting base for attaching a finder scope.
- Featuring a CNC machined design, the telescope ensures a rigid and durable structure. Its exterior is aesthetically pleasing with a white finish and orange accents.
- The Askar 185APO is equipped with a dual-speed rack and pinion 3.5" focuser, compatible with the majority of motorized focusers. With a high precision 10cm focusing travel, both sides of the focuser include finder bases for easy mounting of accessories if required.
Abundant Light Gathering Power with a 13.1 Limited Magnitude
The Askar 185APO is an triplet refractor apochromatic optical tube assembly, and being the largest in its Askar series with a massive 185mm aperture, 1295mm focal length, and a native focal ratio of f/7, it is outstanding for abundant light gathering power, resolution, brightness, and contrast reaching a limited magnitude of 13.1, making it a very wise choice for both visual astronomy, but also for imagers who want to capture deep sky objects with lower magnitude.
Efficient Dew Prevention
The Askar 185APO has a retractable dew shield which consists of enlarged locking screws. It functions for two purposes, including removing stray light that may saturate exposures or create noise in frames and prevent dew or moisture from entering the optics.
Extended Rear Lens Tube
The rear lens tube of the Askar 185APO features an integrated retractable design to enhance stability, with a rudder type locking ring to adjust, loosen and tighten, all while ensuring optical axis is stable. This allows a binoviewer to be attached for visual observation and when extended, for imaging purposes with a flattener or reducer.
CNC Machined Design
The Askar 185APO includes a 400mm handle which serves dual purposes. It is used as a handle to hold the optical tube but also as a losmandy style mounting base for a finder scope to be attached. The 400mm losmandy style dovetail at the bottom has hole spacing that can attach to a wide range of mounts on the market.
The tube rings are lightweight, weighing only 2.3kg.
The CNC machined design includes a rigid durable design, with an exterior featuring a white with orange accents for an attractive appearance.
3.5" RP Focuser
The Askar 185APO dual speed rack and pinion 3.5" focuser works with the vast majority of motorized focusers with its high precision 10cm focusing travel. Both sides of the focuser include finder bases for easy mounting of accessories if needed.
The rear of the focuser includes a 360° high-precision rotator with scales for precise adjustment and secure locking under high loads. The telescope interface comes with a 1.25"/2" adapter for versatile accessory compatibility.
Optional Flattener and Reducer for Wider Field and Longer Exposure Imaging
|Free Shipping Available
|Dovetail Or Saddle Length
|400mm Losmandy style dovetail
|3.5" Rack and Pinion
|Optical Tube Length
|1081mm (contracted dew shield); 1222mm (extended dew shield)
|Optical Tube Weight
|In The Box
- Askar APO185 185mm f/7 Triplet Refractor OTA
- Tube rings
- Handle bar
- 400mm Losmandy dovetail
- Oxford cloth case