Askar - 103APO f/6.8 Triplet Spaced Apochromatic Optical Tube Assembly - Free 32 Guidescope Included Limited Time Offer!
The Askar 103APO is a refractor telescope with a single ED glass element and an air spaced triplet design. Boasting a 103mm aperture, f/6.8 focal ratio, and 700mm focal length, it has more than enough adequate light gathering capabilities for imaging celestial objects with low magnitude and surface brightness. The inclusion of the ED glass effectively eliminates chromatic aberration, ensuring that all colors of the visible spectrum refract equally, thereby preventing false color from appearing around image edges. This advantage is particularly important when utilizing color sensors in imaging.
Askar 103APO f/6.8 Triplet Spaced Apochromatic Optical Tube Assembly
Askar 103APO OTA Features
- Askar 103APO is an air spaced triplet refractor with a single ED glass element.
- Suitable for imaging celestial objects with low magnitude and surface brightness.
- The ED glass element eliminates chromatic aberration and false color.
- The optical tube has a lightweight design with dew shield for light scattering prevention and dew management.
- Three separately purchased flatteners and/or reducers available to improve imaging experience with different setups.
- Binoviewers, diagonals, and eyepieces of 1.25" or 2" size can be attached.
- The dual-speed Rack and Pinion 3.3" Focuser is compatible with a wide range of motorized focusers.
- Consists of a 360° high precision big rotator for adjustment and rotation.
- The Askar 103APO is constructed with CNC machining for durability and strength.
- Rear of the telescope features a 1.25"/2" adapter.
- Anodized for an impressive overall appearance.
Apochromatic ED Design for Prestine Resolution and Refraction Accuracy
The Askar 103APO is an air spaced triplet refractor with a single ED glass element. With a 103mm aperture, f/6.8 focal ratio and 700mm focal length, it has more than sufficient light gathering power to image celestial objects with lower magnitude and surface brightness. Furthermore, along with its ED glass element, it ensures chromatic aberration is a thing of the past so all colors of the visible spectrum refract equally to avoid false color appearing around the edges of images, a crucial advantage particularly when using color sensors.
Optimized with Imagers in Mind
For an ideal setup for imagers, an optical tube must be lightweight and have enough safeguards in place to reduce or eliminate altogether light scattering, false color (with ED glass) and adequate dew management. Askar has implemented all these factors in the design of the Askar 103APO f/6.8 OTA.
While the ED glass solves the issue of chromatic aberration, Askar has also included a matting felt covered retractable dew shield that can be held in place with locking screws to prevent light scatter from both internal and external factors which could cause unwanted illumination in exposure frames.
Optional Accessories Unlock More Imaging Potential
There are three separately purchased flatteners and/or reducers that Askar produces that serve as great accessories for the 103APO depending on the imaging configuration being used. They all have 2" filter threads and are equipped with M54/M48 adapters.
- The 1x flattener maintains the native f/6.8 focal ratio and simply just solves the field curvature issue.
- The 0.8x reducer increases the focal ratio speed to f/5.4, making is more suitable for deep sky observation with shorter needed exposure times and a wider field of view for celestial objects with larger angular size and lower surface brightness overall. It also solves field curvature issues.
- The 0.6x reducer brings the focal ratio to f/4 and also solves field curvature. In this case, the rear part of the APO130 can be removed for adequate shortened length. In addition to the M54/M48 adapters, the 0.6x reducer also comes with an M68 adapter as well.
Binoviewers can also be attached after removing the rear part of the optical tube as well as diagonals and various eyepieces of 1.25" or 2" size.
3.3" RP Focuser
The Askar APO130 comes with a dual speed Rack and Pinion 3.3" Focuser which is compatible with a wide range of motorized focusers. It permits up to 10cm of focusing travel. At the rear of the focuser is a 360° high precision big rotator for adjustment and rotation.
The rear of the telescope has a 1.25"/2" adapter.
Constructed using CNC Machinery
The Askar 103APO is constructed with CNC machining for maximum durability and strength. It is also anodized for impressive overall appearance.
|Free Shipping||Free Shipping Available|
|Focus Type||Rack and Pinion|
|Included Dovetail||V Series|
|Optical Tube Material||Aluminum|
|Optical Coatings||Fully Multi-Coated|
|Optical Tube Length||600mm（when the dew shield is contracted） 711mm（when the dew shield is stretched）|
|Optical Tube Weight||4.75kg|
|In The Box||
- Askar 103APO f/6.8 Triplet Spaced Apochromatic Optical Tube Assembly
- Pair of tube rings
- Handle bar
- 290mm Vixen dovetail plate