Vixen Ascot 8x42 CFW Binoculars
- If you want an excellent pair of binoculars to watch a sporting event with a wide enough field of view to enjoy all the action at one period of time, the Vixen Ascot 8x42 CFW binoculars are exactly what you’ll want. With 18mm of eye relief, people wearing glasses shouldn’t have any issues getting a full field of view.
- 8x magnification is normally the highest power recommended for sporting events binoculars because anything higher usually reduces the field of view too much. 8x will zoom in enough to view detail, but the observer also gets an 8.2° field of view, or otherwise would see 469 ft at 1000 yds to see the action in its entirety.
- 42mm of objective lens size gathers enough light to create an exit pupil of slightly more than 5mm. This is only 2mm less the maximum the average human eye can accommodate which is approximately 7mm (although it can differ slightly among individuals), so observing in lower light conditions such as cloudy days or the evening won’t be an issue.
- If bad weather doesn’t cancel your sporting event, it shouldn’t prevent you either from taking these mighty Ascot binoculars from Vixen with you! These binoculars are nitrogen filled, so moisture won’t be an issue, they’re waterproof!
- With a porro based prism, Vixen has added multi-coatings to improve light transmission and better image quality.
The Ascot Binocular Series are portable, compact porro prism binoculars. Multi layered coating provide a bright field of view. These great introductory binoculars feature long eye relief and a wide field of view.
Ascot Binoculars feature
- Waterproof (Nitrogen Filled)
- Fully Multi-coated Optics
- Long Eye-Relief
- Center Focus
- Porro Prisms
- Wide Field of view
|Angular Field of View||8.2°|
|Linear Field of View (@1000 m)||143ft|
|Near Focus||19.8 ft|