- Generous back focus of 178mm allows the user to attach a variety of imaging packages, bino viewers, 2” diagonals and many other visual devices.
- The tube length of 16.7”allows the new “Q” to be highly airline transportable. Even when the lens shade is extended the total length is only 20.5”.
- The new ultra duty focuser with new camera angle adjuster/rotator will carry a 5kg. [11 lb] and be able to handle the new large chip CCD cameras. The 88mmø image circle produced by the new “Q”is 9.5° in diameter. The newly designed Takahashi micro edge focuser is included for precise focusing.
- The new optional reducer changes the focal ratio to f/3.6 for wide field imaging produces a 6.5°field and a 44mmø image circle.
- The redesigned modified quadruplet double ED Petzval optics has been optimized for imaging as well as visual applications.
- Color correction has been extended to 1000nm to produce non-bloated imaged stars
The new Takahashi FSQ makes some significant improvements over its predecessor. The new FSQ telescope has significantly longer backfocus at 178mm to accommodate most CCD systems. Many CCD imagers have additional equipment in the light path such as filter wheels, adaptive optics, temperature control focusers and other accessories that take up precious focus travel. The new version has additional backfocus to accommodate most CCD equipment and even allows the use of binoviewers!
The FSQ-106 also sports a new heavy-duty 4" focuser with a built in camera angle adjuster. This focuser will lift up to 5kg, or 11 lbs, and includes the popular 10 to 1 microfocuser.
Takahashi has redesigned the optical system to a modified four element double ED Petzval system. This F5 optical system is optimized for imaging, yet it is also capable of outstanding visual images. Use the optional F3.6 (wow!) focal reducer for imaging applications and the optional Extender-Q for visual use at F8.
Another improvement on the new FSQ106 is the enhanced portability due to a new sliding dew shield. The Takahashi FSQ106 is now airline portable at only 16.7" long when collapsed! The focuser and the aluminum castings will continue to be made one at a time for consistent, optimal quality.
Takahashi EM-200 Temma II Equatorial Mount
The EM-200 provides a stable support for all types of instrument (refractor, reflector or cassegrain) weighing up to 18kg. The modern aesthetic design of the EM-200 is highly attractive as well as beautifully functional. The RA and DEC stepper motors are fully integrated into the mounting, the high precision design and construction provides cyclic errors lower than +/- 5 arc seconds.
The integrated polar alignment telescope has an illuminated reticule which can be dimmed to suit the user or observing conditions. This in conjunction with the precision altitude and azimuth adjusters will typically give polar alignment accuracy within 2 minutes of arc of the celestial pole.
With a function-full hand controller, options on tripods and piers and also optional digital setting circles the EM-200 is an ideal mounting for the serious amateur.
|Altitude Adjustment||EQ North Align, EQ South Align|
|Computer Hand Control||Yes|
|Counterweights||Two 11.02 Ib Counterweights|
|Finderscope||7 x 50 Optical Finder|
|Focuser||4" Rack & Pinion|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||11.9|
|Mount Weight||33.06 lbs|
|Optical Coatings||Fully Multi-Coated|
|Optical Design||Refractor - Apochromatic|
|Optical Tube Length||26.6"|
|Optical Tube Weight||15.4 lbs.|