Takahashi FSQ-85ED Baby Q Astrograph EM-11 Temma 2 Mount
Introducing the Takahashi FSQ-85ED, the newest and smallest member of the FSQ Series of flat field astrographs. Designed from the ground up for digital imaging, the Takahashi Baby "Q" is the go anywhere, portable astrograph. Easily airline transportable at 12.68" [322mm] collapsed, the FSQ-85ED will fit under an airline seat or fit easily into an overhead compartment for ultimate portability. Take the "Baby Q" to Chile to image the Magellanic Clouds or to a remote site anywhere in the world. The FSQ-85ED weighs less than 9 lbs., so a smaller, high-quality mounting will support it just fine.
The optics in the FSQ-85ED are the same premium, Takahashi double ED 4-element optical system used in the larger FSQ-106ED astrograph, and they produce the same flat-field color-free images. The image circle will allow medium format CCD or DSLR cameras to be used with the Baby "Q", producing very high quality images of deep sky objects with a large, flat field. Check out the FSQ85ED System Chart for a quick tutorial on connecting accessories to the Baby Q.
The Takahashi FSQ-85ED also features a newly designed focuser with built-in fine focus, made for imaging with medium format CCD cameras. This 72mm focuser has been designed to handle CCD and digital SLR cameras with great rigidity.
Not only is the Baby "Q" a first rate astrograph, it has also been designed to be an excellent visual instrument. With over 200mm of back focus, it can accommodate a binoviewer or any combination of diagonals. Color correction from the near UV to the near IR insures tight stellar images across the entire color range.
- Takahashi EM-11 Temma II, Jr."GoTo" mount
Takahashi FSQ-85ED Astrograph Highlights...
- Premium double ED quadruplet
- Flat field w/60mm image circle
- Image circle will accept medium format CCD cameras or Digital SLR's
- Large heavy duty 72mm focuser carries medium format CCD camera
- Highly portable for worldwide or remote site uses; the light weight will allow smaller, more portable mounts to be used with good effect
- High order of color correction produces outstanding images and extremely fine views
- Built-in camera rotator [camera angle adjuster] allows the camera to be rotated 360° without loss of critical focus and fine focuser for precise focus
- Designed from the beginning for digital imaging
- Uses a newly designed Extender-ED 1.5x to increase focal length for high power viewing
|Alignment Procedures||EQ North Align, EQ South Align|
|Computer Hand Control||Yes|
|Counterweights||(1) 7.7 lb|
|Finderscope||6 x 30 Optical Finder|
|Focuser||2.7" Rack & Pinion|
|Highest Useful Magnification||178x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||11.6|
|Mount||Equatorial - Motorized w/GoTo Option|
|Mount Weight||15.43 lbs|
|Optical Coatings||Fully Multi-Coated|
|Optical Design||Refractor - Apochromatic|
|Optical Tube Weight||8.58 lbs.|
|Star Diagonal||Yes - 1.25" Star Diagonal|