The TAKAHASHI TSA-120 refractor is the second issue in the new TSA line of Takahashi Triplet Super Apochromats. The 3 Element Objective lens set consists of an air-spaced design with a multi-coated premium quality ED (extra low dispersion) FPL-53 glass lens between 2 broadband multi-coated, optimum quality Crown lenses. The color free images produced will delight lunar, planetary and deep sky observers with very high contrast images with pin-point stars, precise edge-to-edge clarity, and free of any chromatic abberation. The Optical Quality and Construction of the TSA120 is quite simply the very best of the best available today!
The compact size, less than 28" with the lens shade retracted, makes the TSA-120 the perfect airline-ready apochromat. The TSA-120 is great for eclipse expeditions or transport to remote sites.
Not only is the TSA-120 a great visual instrument, but with an optional Takahashi Field Flattener TOA130FF it can be converted into a flat field, 882mm, f/7.3, or with the optional Takahashi Focal Reducer TOA130R a 672mm, f/5.6 wide field imaging platform perfect for a CCD camera or digital SLR. The addition of the optional Camera Angle Adjuster allows the image to be rotated 360° without loss of focus. The Camera Angle Adjuster is also very handy for visual applications to position the included LE-18mm Ocular and Takahashi 1.25" Diagonal Prism, multiple diagonals or Binoviewer in the best, most comfortable position.
The TSA-120 is a compact, high quality, apochromatic optical instrument, hand built by the masters at Takahashi, and made for the refractor enthusiast who wants a premium, high quality telescope in a relatively compact package. Coupled with the Superb EM-200 Temma 2M GoTo capable* system and mounted on the SE-L Mahogany Tripod (designed specifically for the EM-200) a lifetime of incredible viewing awaits!
* The Temma requires the use of a PC or the Takahashi Advanced Hand Controller to operate.
Complete Package Includes:
- TSA-120 tube assembly with accessories
- TSA-120 tube holder
- 7x50 finder
- 7x50 finder bracket
- Finder quick release bracket
- MEF-3 Micro edge focuser
- EM-200 Temma 2 mount
- SE-L tripod
- 1-1/4 inch diagonal
- LE-18mm MC ocular
- Aperture: 120mm
- Focal Length: 900mm
- Focal Ratio: 7.5
- Tube Length with Dew Shield: 990mm
- Tube Diameter: 125mm
- Diameter of Dew Shield: 713mm (28")
- Weight: 12.6 lbs
- Resolution: 0.97
- Limiting Magnitude: 12.1
- Back Focus: 227.5mm (8.93")
- With TOA-35 Flattener:
Focal Length: 882mm
Focal Ratio: f/7.3
- Image Circle: 40mm
- Image Field: 2.6" diameter.
- With TOA-35 Reducer:
Focal Length: 672mm
Focal Ratio: f/5.6
- Optical Performance: 4 microns RMS-spot on axis, 6 microns 10mm off-axis, 13 microns 20mm off-axis, 40mm/3.4" field.
- Power Consumption 12V : 0.3A (tracking at sidereal rate), 1.3A (high speed slewing), 1.7A (starting) 24V : 0.3A (tracking at sidereal rate), 1.9A (high speed slewing), 1.9A (starting).
- With TOA-35 Flattener; Optical Performance: 7 micron RMS-spot to 20mm off axis - Image Circle: 40mm - Image Field: 2.6" diameter.
- R.A. and DEC. Slow-Motion Motor driven. Encoders Included.
- Azimuth Adjustment ± 15° - Elevation 10 to 48° - Polar Finder / Accuracy Built-in / 2' - 4.45 degrees - R.A. Setting Circles Accuracy 10 arcminutes - DEC. Setting Circles Accuracy 2°.
- Weight (without counterweights) 15 kg - Counterweights 2 x 5kg - Maximal Loading Capacity 18 kg (without counterweights) - Optimal Loading Capacity 15 kg (without counterweights).
- Operating Voltage 12V / 24V DC - 12v DC only for high speed operation
- R.A. axis diameter. (material) 40 mm (bronze) - R.A. worm gear shaft diameter (material) 18 mm (iron) - R.A. gear diameter (material) 92 mm/180 teeth (bronze).
- DEC. axis diameter (material) 40 mm (iron) - DEC. worm gear shaft diameter (material) 18 mm (brass) - DEC. gear diameter (material) 92 mm/180 teeth.
- Stepper Motors Accuracy 50 PPS - Slow motion speeds 0,1x to 1,9x sidereal rate - High speed mode 700x sidereal rate.
- Worm gear shaft cycle 8 minutes - Tracking accuracy ± 5"
- Autoguiding: SBIG ST-4/7 compatible
|Name||Takahashi - TSA-120 Triplet Apochromatic Refractor Telescope - (EM-200 Temma 2M Equatorial Mount)|
|Alignment Procedures||EQ North Align, EQ South Align|
|Computer Hand Control||Included|
|Counterweights||(1) 12.12 lb.|
|Finderscope||7 x 50 Optical Finder|
|Focuser||2.7" Rack & Pinion|
|Highest Useful Magnification||300x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||12.8|
|Mount||Equatorial - Motorized w/GoTo Option|
|Mount Weight||33 lbs.|
|Optical Coatings||Fully Multi-Coated|
|Optical Design||Refractor - Apochromatic|
|Optical Tube Length||28"|
|Optical Tube Weight||15.4 lbs.|
|Star Diagonal||1.25" Star Diagonal|
|Tube Ring||Dual Rings|