The state-of-the-art EM-500 Temma II mount has a tracking accuracy that is guaranteed to +/- 3.5 arc seconds without periodic error correction and it runs off of 24V DC. The EM-500 Temma II slews at 560X the Sidereal rate. The Temma II GoTo System can be operated via The Sky, Level IV software and is closed-loop. This means that the telescope can be moved manually without restarting the GoTo system. The mount can also be operated in manual (non-GoTo) mode without connecting to a computer and dual-axis tracking is available in this mode.
The self-contained illuminated polar finder is accurate to two arc minutes of the pole. Autoguider and CCD cables are available for most CCD cameras including serial, RJ-11, and USB connectors. Main gears are phosphor-bronze with matching poly-steel worms for greater accuracy and durability vs. aluminum & stainless steel. New, precision micro-stepping motors provide high durabilty with softer pulse-peaks for better imaging. No need for servos and variable-voltage systems that reduce longevity.
- Type: German type, Dual-Axis Drive
- R.A. Slow Motion: Electric
- DEC Slow Motion: Electric
- Self-contained illuminated polar finder: Accurate to two arc minutes of the pole
- Operation: 12V/24v
- Slewing speed: 520x sidereal @ 24v
- Input Terminal: For Auto Guider (ST-4)
- Loading Capacity: 40kg. (89lbs.) but it can reasonably handle 120lbs.
- Tracking Accuracy: +/-3.5"
- Mount Worm Screw Period: 10 Minutes
- Operational software: The Sky, Level IV software and is closed-loop
|Name||Takahashi - EM-500 Temma II Equatorial Mount|
|DEC Slow Motion Axis||Electric|
|Mount||German type, RA/DEC Motor Driven System Built-In|
|Payload Capacity||40kg.(89lbs.) but it can reasonably handle 120lbs.|
|R.A. Slow Motion Axis||Electric|
|Slew Speeds||520x sidereal @ 12v|