The Takahashi EM-11 USD III mount is made for small to medium sized loads and can support up to 25 pounds. High quality machining and very accurate dual-axis drive make the EM-11 a pleasure to use and it can be upgraded to Temma II "GoTo" at a later time if desired. Because its stepper motors and drive systems are all integrated into the mount structure, you'll find this simple to use, with less adjustments and maintenance to perform.
The drive system consists of a dual axes and quartz control - with a driving frequency of 100pps N/S, Star/Sun switching by hand controller. The high speed is 120x at 12VDC and 250X and 24VDC. In manual operation mode, the correction speed is RA: 0.1 ~ 1.9x to the sidereal rate by 0.1X increments. Dec: +/- 1.5 ~ 13.5 arc sec/sec by 1.5 arc sec/sec increments. While in operation, there are mode indicator lights - red indicates high speed operation, while a green light indicates normal mode. Capable of operating on either 12V AC current or 24V battery, the power consumption level is DC12V: 0.3/1.3A (1.7A) sidereal/high speed (start). DC24V: 0.3/1.9A (1.9A) and the Takahashi EM-11 USD III mount is functional at an operational temperature range between -5 through +30º C.
- Type German Equatorial Mount
- R.A. Slow-Motion Motor driven
- DEC. Slow-Motion Motor driven Azimuth Adjustments ± 10°
- Elevation Adjustments 20 to 50°
- Polar Finder / Accuracy Built-in / 5'
- R.A. Setting Circle Accuracy 10 arcminutes
- DEC. Setting Circle Accuracy 2°
- Encoders no - upgradeable
- Weight (without counterweight) 7 kg
- Counterweights 3.5 kg
- Maximal Loading Capacity 9 kg (without counterweight)
- Optimal Loading Capacity 6 kg (without counterweight)
- Operating Voltage 12V / 24V DC
- Power Consumption 12V : 0.3A (tracking at sidereal rate), 1.3A (high speed slewing), 1.7A (starting) 24V : 0.3A (tracking at sidereal rate), 1.9A (high speed slewing), 1.9A (starting)
- Tube moutings 2 x M8 screws (sparated by 35mm)
- Mounting Capacities Tube rings, plates and dovetail mounting plates
- R.A. axis diameter (material) 52 mm (aluminium)
- R.A. worm gear shaft diameter (material) 14 mm (iron)
- R.A. gear diameter (material) 74 mm/144 teeth (zinc)
- DEC. axis diameter (material) 52 mm (aluminium)
- DEC. worm gear shaft diameter (material) 14 mm (brass)
- DEC. gear diameter (material) 74 mm/144 teeth
- Stepper Motors Accuracy 100 pps S
- low Motion Speeds 0.1x to 1.9x the sidereal rate
- High Speed Mode 120x the sidereal rate (12V DC)
- 240x the sidereal rate (24V DC)
- Worm gear shaft cycle 10 minutes
- Tracking Accuracy ± 10"
- Autoguiding SBIG ST-4/7 compatible