Optical Tube Assemblies
Optical tube assemblies, commonly abbreviated by astronomers as OTAs are simply the tube of the telescope where the optics are internally located. OTAs can be helpful in a situation in which an observer has a compatible mount and doesn't want to buy a whole new telescope with a mount included. Optical Tube Assemblies can come in the form of Maksutov-Cassegrain, Astrographs, Reflectors, Refractors, Schmidt-Cassegrains and many others! With the right mounting connections and range of mount and tripod payload, OTAs are a great choice for changing optical type without changing the mount.
FREE SHIPPINGModel#: 91031-XLT(48 States)
- 8" EdgeHD Optical Tube Assembly
- Includes dovetail rail compatible with CG5 mount
- Aluminum Optical Tube
- Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings
- 2032 mm focal length (f/10)
- 40 mm eyepiece included (51x)
- Visual back allows for use with 1.25" accessories
- 9x50 finderscope to help accurately find objects
- Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
- Mirror Support Knobs hold the mirror in place and reduces image shift during imaging.
- Tube vents with integrated 60 micron mesh filter allowing hot air to be released from behind the primary mirror.
- Fastar Compatible optical tubes are equipped with a removable secondary mirror for fast f/2 ccd imaging