Optical Tube Assemblies
Optical tube assemblies, commonly abbreviated by astronomers as OTAs are simply the tube of the telescope where the optics are internally located. OTAs can be helpful in a situation in which an observer has a compatible mount and doesn't want to buy a whole new telescope with a mount included. Optical Tube Assemblies can come in the form of Maksutov-Cassegrain, Astrographs, Reflectors, Refractors, Schmidt-Cassegrains and many others! With the right mounting connections and range of mount and tripod payload, OTAs are a great choice for changing optical type without changing the mount.
This magnificient optical tube from Celestron has an aperture of 9.25" that features Starbright XLT coatings. The C9 1/4-A XLT CG-5 OTA is a 9.25" OTA that excels at capturing every bit of light it can with its Schmidt-Cassegrain design. The coatings on the lens and the mirrors help reflect every bit of light possible as light moves through the optical internal components.... Learn MoreFREE SHIPPINGModel#: 91025-XLT(48 States)
Regular Price: $1,479.00
Special Price: $1,299.95
Learn MoreFREE SHIPPINGModel#: 91027-XLT(48 States)
FREE SHIPPINGModel#: 91031-XLT(48 States)
- 8" EdgeHD Optical Tube Assembly
- Includes dovetail rail compatible with CG5 mount
- Aluminum Optical Tube
- Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings
- 2032 mm focal length (f/10)
- 40 mm eyepiece included (51x)
- Visual back allows for use with 1.25" accessories
- 9x50 finderscope to help accurately find objects
- Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
- Mirror Support Knobs hold the mirror in place and reduces image shift during imaging.
- Tube vents with integrated 60 micron mesh filter allowing hot air to be released from behind the primary mirror.
- Fastar Compatible optical tubes are equipped with a removable secondary mirror for fast f/2 ccd imaging
FOCAL LENGTH - 2350 mm f/10 OPTICAL COATINGS - Starbright XLT OPTICAL DESIGN - Aplanatic Schmidt
is an aplanatic Schmidt telescope designed to produce aberration-free images across a wide visual and photographic field of view. The optical system was designed to reduce more than just off-axis star coma, but also to give an astrograph quality flat focal plane all the way to the edge of the field of view.... Learn MoreFREE SHIPPINGModel#: 91040-XLT(48 States)
FREE SHIPPINGModel#: S11160(48 States)
- APO Quality - Quantum refractors are designed to assure virtual elimination of residual chromatic aberration ("false color") normally present in 2-element achromatic lens designs. Using extra-low dispersion (ED) glass, S-FPL51, for two of the lens elements and Schott glass for the other three lens elements, the Quantum 100ED 5-element design delivers crisp, high-fidelity views of planetary.
- F/5 Focal Ratio - excellent for visual and wide field imaging use.
- Field Flattener – the Quantum 100 has a built-in two-element field flattening lens that provides sharps, in-focus stars across a large 43 mm image circle.
- Precision Linear Bearing Focuser - Optical focus is achieved by means of a mechanically ultra-smooth, backlash-free, precision linear bearing focuser with giant 3" diameter drawtube. This rotatable focuser offers 2-speed fine and micro-fine focusing adjustments with an engraved scale. Includes 2" eyepiece adapter.
- Carbon Fiber Optical Tube - Dent and scratch-resistant carbon fiber optical tube not only provides a stylish protective finish but also delivers excellent thermal stability and mechanical stiffness.
- EQ Mount Ready - All-metal tube rings and a CGE-style dovetail plate makes Quantum refractors ready to be mounted on any of Celestron's high quality imaging platforms, like the CGEM or CGEM Deluxe equatorial mounts.
- Retractable Carbon Fiber Lens Shade - For compact and safe storage.
- Aluminum Case - Offers protection for your instrument.
Explore Scientific - 152mm f/6.5 Achromatic OTA with 2" 99% reflectivity diagonal and a longer dewshield
The AR152 (six-inch), with its larger aperture optics gathers 44% more light over the AR127 (five-inch) model, providing much brighter images and higher resolution... Learn MoreFREE SHIPPINGModel#: DAR152065-01(48 States)
Regular Price: $1,249.99
Special Price: $749.99
Explore Scientific - 80mm f/6 Air-Spaced Triplet ED Apochromatic Refractor w/ Deluxe Case & Accessories & TwiLight II Heavy-Duty Dual-Head MountThe 80mm f/6 ED Apochromatic triplet from Explore Scientific is a great air-spaced triplet refractor telescope for observing as well as for use in photography of celestial objects ... Learn More
FREE SHIPPINGModel#: TED0806-00-MAZ02-01(48 States)
Regular Price: $1,889.98
Special Price: $1,199.95
Learn MoreModel#: DAR102065-00
Call for pricing.
AR127 f/6.5 Air-Spaced Doublet with EMD Coatings; Deluxe Two-Speed 2-inch Crayford Focuser; Cradle Rings with Handle and Vixen-Style Dovetail Mount; 8x50 Straight Finderscope; Enhanced 99% Reflective 2-inch Diagonal with 1.25-inch Adapter... Learn MoreFREE SHIPPINGModel#: DAR127065-01(48 States)
Regular Price: $1,089.99
Special Price: $649.99
Explore Scientific 127mm f/7.5 Air-Spaced Triplet ED Apochromatic Refractor The Explore Scientific 127mm f/7
Comes with 2 Speed Focuser, 8x50 erect Image Illuminated Finderscope, Enhanced 99% reflective 2" diagonal and The deluxe Case.... Learn MoreFREE SHIPPINGModel#: TED127075-CF(48 States)
Regular Price: $4,169.99
Special Price: $2,499.99
A new optical tube by Lunt, the 102mm ED Doublet! With a slow focal ratio of f/7, this optical tube is an excellent choice for observation of the moon, sun, and planets. When using solar filter, this telescope is great for sun observing!... Learn MoreModel#: LE102OTA