The specifications of a telescope are NOT the only specs that matter. The other half of the equation is the specifications of the eyepiece. Telescope eyepieces are made in different models and sizes to accommodate different observing methods and celestial objects. For example, understanding the focal length of your optical tube divided by the focal length of your eyepiece will result in magnification, which in return can tell you whether it is more suitable for deep space low surface brightness observation or planetary/terrestrial high surface brightness observation. For example, if you wanted to observe an object such as the Andromeda Galaxy with a large apparent diameter, an eyepiece with a long focal length and large apparent field of view would excel over an eyepiece with a shorter focal length and small apparent field of view because it would be able to accommodate the size of the object at low magnification and high FOV while not getting dimmer images as you would with short focal lengths. If you plan on observing planets, a short focal length eyepiece with a small FOV will result in high magnification to observe details on the surface (eg. Great Red Spot). You'll get a dimmer image, but since planets are already bright as it is, this won't be an issue. - Note: Almost all eyepieces come in 2" or 1.25" barrel size forms.
FREE SHIPPINGModel#: 93232(48 States)
- Focal lengths: 8mm to 24mm zoom
- Field of view: 43° - 66°
- Eye relief: 15 - 20mm
- Fully multi-coated
- Works in 2” and 1.25” eyepiece holders
- 70 degree Field - Wide FOV for high and low magnifications
- Extendable twist-up eyecups - Good for eyeglass wearers
- Parfocal eyepiece - Little or no focusing is needed when changing from low to high power.
- Threaded barrels - Accept 1.25" Celestron thread-in filters.
- Shock resistant rubber covering - Scratch and dent resistant
- No slip grip - Designed for secure handling even in moist conditions
- Roll guard - Ergonomic contours prevent eyepiece from rolling off flat surfaces
- 28 mm clear aperture surface lens - For comfortable viewing
The 8mm high power X-Cel eyepiece is a 6-element fully multi-coated optical design, the X-Cel utilizes extra low dispersion (ED) glass on its most highly curved surfaces, to minimize chromatic aberration that can hinder sharp planetary views. With a wide 55° apparent field of view, and a large 25mm clear aperture the X-Cel is one of the most comfortable eyepieces to use.... Learn MoreModel#: 93388
- Wide field of view enhances views of the night sky through a single lens
- 6-element fully multi-coated optics create sharper images
- Extendable twist-up eyepieces are easier and more comfortable, especially for eyeglass wearers
- No slip, rubber grip ring for secure handling, even in moist conditions
- Parfocal eyepiece require little to no focusing when changing from low to high power
- Ideal for Accurate Polar Alignment.
- Well Suited for Use With Off-Axis Guiders for Centering and Guiding of Stars
- Adjustable Red LED Light Brightness Control to Illuminate Crosshairs and Preserve Night Vision
- Double Crosshair Reticle for Accurate Centering and Guiding of Stars
- Fully Coated Optics for Excellent Light Transmission on Faint Stars
- Includes Reticle Eyepiece and Illuminator
Celestron offers these premium eyepieces at affordable prices, yet they're among the best designed and corrected eyepieces available. They're multicoated (not just fully coated) for enhanced contrast and all are threaded to accept Celestron colored eyepiece filters.... Learn MoreModel#: 93314
In a recent Sky & Telescope review, Celestron's Plössl eyepieces were rated as top ranking, and found to outperform many similar, but more expensive eyepieces. An exceptional value! Performance rivals the LV eyepieces.... Learn MoreModel#: 93308_93311