The 80mm f/6 ED Apochromatic triplet from Explore Scientific is a great air-spaced triplet refractor telescope for observing as well as for use in photography of celestial objects. This wide field instrument utilizing Hoya ED glass, comes equipped with a 99% dielectric-coated 2-inch diagonal as well as a two- Speed Focuser making it easy to focus in on objects. A flight ready case with a foam insert is also included with the telescope as well as a dew shield and dust covers.
- Clear Aperture: 80mm
- Focal Length: 480mm
- Focal Ratio: f/6
- Resolving Power: 1.45 arc seconds
- Coatings: EMD™ (Enhanced Multilayer Deposition)
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 12
- Maximum Practical Visual Power: 315x
- Lowest Useful Visual Power: 12x
- Focuser: Ten-to-One 2-Speed Crayford-Style, with Adjustable Tension and Lock
- Saddle Plate: Fits Explore Scientific Mounts; Vixen Mounts; Meade LXD55/75 Mounts
- Tube Diameter: 85mm
- Tube Length: 475mm (incl. dew shield)
- Tube Construction: Aluminum; Stainless Steel
- Optical Tube Assembly Weight: 7.5 lbs.