Takahashi TOA-150B Ortho-Apochromat Triplet Refractor , Temma 2 EM400 mount, SR-L Tripod - PACKAGE
The Takahashi TOA-150B employs a newly designed triplet configuration using special elements to produce the highest order of color correction. Orthoscopic means perfected visually and Apochromatic means you're free from those strange violet glows which often accompany bright stars or planets. Thanks to the ingenious design of layering an FPL-53 Extra-low Dispersion glass element between two extreme quality crown and flint elements - perfection happens!. The grouping is air spaced, so there's no oil between the elements to leak or become opaque with age. The lens cells are durably constructed to withstand transport - yet are fully able to be collimated should the owner wish to make adjustments. With 1/12th wave accuracy and an airy-disc Strehl ratio of 0.992, the optics on the Takahashi TOA-150B Ortho-APO are as near to perfection as you can get!
The Takahashi TOA-150B Ortho-APO is a dream come true for those who want to use a medium format camera. It includes a newly designed 4" focuser that uses a long stroke linear bearing designed to handle heavy instrument packages with ease. LIke the FSQ-106ED, the focuser on the TOA-150B uses a trigger lock focus lock and has a new pinion assembly. A camera angle adjuster is included, and enables the observer or astrophotographer to turn the ocular or camera to better view or frame an object to be photographed. The 4" focuser, coupled with the optional dedicated flattener, will produce a fully usable 90mm diameter image circle. The focuser itself offers a generous 225mm of backfocus to allow the use of additional accessories, like adding on color filter wheels, etc.
The focuser features "no slip" stability with dual knobs for ease of use, 10:1 Micro Edge Focuser and 2" threaded eyepiece/accessory holder with 1.25" compression ring eyepiece holder is included, along with "Scopeguard" finder quick-release. Framing the image or placing the ocular in a more convenient and/or comfortable position is made simple because of the built-in camera angle adjuster that allows the 360 degree rotation of the camera or ocular without loss of focus.
The Takahashi TOA-150B Refractor is perfect for Visual, CCD or Classic Astrophotography. The f/7.3 focal ratio with a 1100mm focal length is long enough for high magnification observations of the Moon and attaching the optional Extender TOA converts the TOA-150 APO into a f/11.68 planetary instrument capable of very high magnification. You'll get images which display.the high order of color correction of the Ortho-Apochromat Series without saturated color and, thanks to the numerous knife-edged baffles, it displays amazing contrast - all packaged in a short, 38" tube with the dew preventive lens shade retracted, and weighs in at just under 43 pounds. It even has an optional convenient handle at the rear - located just before the focuser - which will allow for an easy grip when carrying and setting up the optical tube.
- New design 150mm triplet Ortho apochromat
- Extremely high order of color correction, absolutely color free images
- Highly portable with a retractable lens shade, compact tube
- 10 to 1 fine focuser and finder quick release standard
- 4° focuser w/camera rotator bearing allows 360° rotation without losing focus
- Optional f/5.5 Super Reducer for medium format CCD cameras and large chip digital SLRs
- Oversized tube for superior baffling
- Knife edge baffles for extremely high contrast images
- Enhanced back focus to allow the use of any combination of CCD camera, filter wheel, binocular viewer or 2° diagonal
FEATURES of the EM-400 Temma II Mount:
- The new EM-400 mount has been developed to fill in the gap between the EM-200 and larger EM-500 mount. This new mount has been designed to carry an 85 lb load.
- This mount disassembles into three sections, the R.A. Dec assembly, the base assembly and the counter weight shaft. This reduces the heaviest part to 22.3kgs [49 lbs.] lighter than the weight of the NJP equatorial head and makes transportation to remote sites easier.
- The entire mount rotates 360 degrees on its base for easier set up. This allows the tripod to be set in the most secure position.
- All of the cables attach to the underside of the Dec. housing and the use of internal encoders allows the mount to be used without having the cable wrap around in inconvenient positions.
- The 8 kg. counter weights use two lock screws for more secure attachment to the counter weight shaft.
- The EM-400 uses a highly accurate computing reticle with an 11x eyepiece to allow 3 arc minute polar alignment to the celestial pole. This reticle is usable until the year 2040.
- The EM-400 is a single voltage mount that will operate on 12 volts only at 500x sidereal.
- The Temma-II M system is compatible with the Sky and other popular software using the free ASCOM and Linux drivers.
- The EM-400 can be used anywhere in the world with a latitude adjustment from 0 to 50 degrees (ML) or 15 to 58 (HL) in either hemisphere (Southern Hemisphere version available).
Takahashi SR-L Wood Tripod:
- Takahashi Wood Tripod is Made of Luan Mahogany;
- Length of Leg is 50.39"(1280mm);
- Set Up Height is 43.70"(1110mm);
- Height to Base of Dec Assy of EM-400 Mount is 56.69"(1440mm);
- Used with EM-400 Mount Only
|Name||Takahashi - TOA-150B Ortho-APO Triplet Refractor, EM-400 Temma 2 Mount, SR-L Tripod - PACKAGE|
|Alignment Procedures||EQ North Align, EQ South Align|
|Counterweights||(2) 17.63 lb.|
|Eyepieces||7.5mm LE, 18mm LE|
|Finderscope||7 x 50 Optical Finder|
|Focuser||4" Rack and Pinion|
|Image circle||ø1.6" (40mm)|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||13.3|
|Mount||Equatorial - Motorized|
|Optical Coatings||Fully Multi-Coated|
|Optical Design||Refractor - Apochromatic|
|Optical tube diameter||179mm|
|Optical Tube Length||38"|
|Optical Tube Weight||42.7 lbs.|
|Warranty||5 Year Warranty|