An SXVF version of the MX5C - One-shot colour at a low cost.
Starlight Xpress - Compact Sized Medium Resolution, Color Integrating Imaging System. USB 2.0 Interface, Software An SXVF version of the MX5C one-shot colour camera. Compact 1/3 inch format CCD with 500x290 pixels STAR2000 and SXV guider compatible
- Compact sized medium resolution 'SuperHAD' CCD chip, with 290,000, 9.8 x 6.3uM pixels in a 4.9 x 3.65mm array.
- High QE over a wide spectral range from near UV to deep IR
- Extremely low dark signal - No dark frames necessary for many deep sky objects
- Exceptionally effective anti-blooming with minimal effect on linearity and no lost active area
- Built-in very high speed USB 2.0 interface for sub-1 second downloads
- Built-in autoguider interface and output - compatible with the optional dedicated external guide camera
- Built-in dual serial ports for accessory control - drive filter wheels, GOTO 'scopes etc.
- Single USB cable control for all features - get rid of that dangerous cable tangle!
- Only ONE computer needed to control all of the devices and functions
- Very low power consumption. Less than 1 amp at 12v DC
- Compact and lightweight - only 50mm in diameter x 100mm long - less than 250 grams load on the 'scope
- CCD type: Sony ICX405AK SuperHAD CMYG matrix colour CCD with ultra low dark current and vertical anti-blooming.
- CCD Full resolution Pixel data: Pixel size: 9.8uM x 6.3uM, Image format: 500 x 580 pixels
- CCD Image area: 4.9mm (Horizontal) x 3.65mm (Vertical).
- CCD quality: Grade 1 or better - No bad columns, no dead pixels, no more than 10 'hot' pixels (saturated in <10 seconds).
- Spectral Response: QE max at 540nM (~60%), 50% roll-off at 400nM and 600nM.
- Readout Noise: Less than 13 electrons RMS - typically only 11 electrons.
- Full-well capacity: Greater than 60,000 e- (unbinned)
- Anti-blooming: Overload margin greater than 800x.
- Dark current: Dark frame saturation time greater than 100 hours. Less than 0.02 electrons/second @ + 10C ambient.
- Data format: 16 bits.
- System gain: 1 electron per ADU
- Computer Interface: Built-in USB 2.0 compatible interface.
- Image download time: Typically 0.2 seconds full resolution using USB 2.0.
- Power requirements: 115VAC / 240VAC @ 12VA, or 12VDC @ 750mA max.
- Cooling system: Regulated constant current cooling supply with single stage thermoelectric cooler to give a CCD temperature of approximately -30C below ambient.
- Size: 50 x 100mm black anodised aluminium barrel with 42mm 'T2' thread at the CCD window end & input/output plugs at rear.
- Weight: approx. 250g.
Spectral response curve
|Name||Starlight Xpress - SXVF-M5C Compact Sized Medium Resolution, Color Integrating Imaging System - DISCONTINUED|
|Manufacturer||Starlight Xpress, LTD|