The SXVF-H16 is a departure from the normal SX line of Sony CCD based cameras. As Sony do not manufacture a large mono chip, we researched the available devices and decided that the Kodak KAI4021M was the best option for a new mono camera. To reduce the negative effects of the greater Kodak dark signal, we have used a two stage Peltier cooler for a 10 degree reduction in the CCD temperature, and a new high-speed USB2 interface circuit to greatly reduce the download time. The fast download minimizes the visibility of bias frame artifacts, such as hot columns and the top to bottom gradient that is commonly seen on such chips. We think that the result is a highly satisfactory mono camera which overcomes the lack of suitable Sony mono devices.
- Large, high resolution Kodak CCD chip, with 4,194,304 x 7.4uM square pixels in a 15.15 x 15.15mm array.
- High sensitivity, 55% QE at peak (green light).
- Low dark signal - Dark frames not necessary for most of the brighter deep sky objects
- Anti-blooming with minimal effect on linearity and no lost active area
- Built-in super high speed USB 2.0 interface for approx. 2.5 second downloads
- Built-in autoguider interface and output - compatible with the optional dedicated external guide camera
- Built-in dual serial ports for accessory control - directly drive filter wheels, GOTO scopes etc.
- Single USB cable control for all features - get rid of that dangerous cable tangle!
- Only ONE computer needed to control all of the devices and functions
- Very low power consumption. Less than 1.0 amps at 12v DC - 12VA at 110v or 240v AC
- Compact and lightweight - only 75mm in diameter x 100mm long - less than 500 grams load on the scope!
|Name||Starlight Xpress - SXVFH16 Large Format 4 Megapixels Monochrome CCD Camera - DISCONTINUED|
|Manufacturer||Starlight Xpress, LTD|