- Starlight Xpress SXV Adaptive Optics provides image tracking and stabilisation using a high speed tip-tilt optical window.
- Mount control output for correcting large drive errors while maintaining AO stabilisation.
- Starlight Xpress SXV Adaptive Optics has a fast tracking speed of 5mS per increment.
- Overcomes rapid gear errors to stabilize even difficult mounts.
- Starlight Xpress SXV Adaptive Optics image shift factor is independent of optical system or camera back-focus spacing.
- Off-axis guider assembly (optional) for use with an SXV guide camera.
Starlight Xpress SXV Adaptive Optics
The Starlight Xpress SXV-AO should be used with the off-axis guider for the best results with most optical systems. This combination uses an SXV guide head to view the edge of the telescope field via a 10mm square prism and provides accurate positional feedback to the control software. Unlike cameras with an integrated guider chip, the OAG puts the guide camera ahead of any filters that the user fits into the camera ring recess and so its sensitivity is always at maximum. The guide camera mounting is designed to be parfocal with an SX camera when used in this combination - fine focus adjustment is provided by moving the threaded guider mount along the prism tube.