THE LONG RANGE EXPERT
- HD Optical System: The entire optical system is specifically designed and adjusted to the fluoride High Definition objective lenses. This unique manufacturing method optimizes the purpose of HD glass in the new SLC.
- Magnesium Housing: Maximizes strength while being approximately 30% lighter than commonly used aluminum alloy housings.
- Monochrome Rubber Armoring: The new SLC series magnesium housing is now completely covered in a rubber armoring with 2 different textures for maximum protection and handling comfort.
- Compact design: The use of the Abbe-König roof prism system enables a more slender design for smaller hands and an all-round steadier hold.
- Eye relief: 23% more eye relief over previous model – 16.0 mm
- Reduced Weight: 7% lighter than previous model – only 42 ounces!
- Increased Light Transmission: 6% greater light transmission over previous model
- Wider Field of View: increased to 234 ft @ 1000 yds
- Edge to Edge Sharpness: Improved edge to edge clarity, especially when compared to the competition.
- 4 Position Eyecups: The 4 positions in conjunction with the longer eye relief offer greater viewing comfort and 100% Field of View for eyeglass wearers.
Makes out details a long distance away The SLC 15x56 binoculars are particularly suitable for observing over long distances. The 15x magnification ensures that you can see important details clearly.
With their reliable, high-quality optical system and rugged construction, the SLC binoculars are among the world’s most popular high-end binoculars. The thumb rests on the underside and the depressions on the top side of the easy to handle rubber armoring ensure secure and comfortable handling. The diversity of models among the SLC binoculars offers the right solution for every purpose.
In the SLC series, Swarovski Optik uses high-quality technologies such as the SWAROBRIGHT coating for maximum color fidelity across the whole light spectrum or the SWAROTOP and SWARODUR coatings for bright, high-contrast images.
The non-stick effect of the SWAROCLEAN coating on the outer surface of the lens makes cleaning objective and eyepiece lenses considerably easier, above all when removing dried-on mineral residues (e.g. water marks due to condensation), insect repellents and tree resin. The lenses require less intensive cleaning which significantly increases the longevity of optical products.
|Apparent Field of View||62 degrees|
|Focusing Range||12.8 shortest focusing distance|
|Interpupillary distance||2.2 - 3.0in|
|Linear Field of View (@1000 yds)||234 yds|
|Operating Temperature||-13 / + 131 (ºF)|
|Storage Temperature||-22 / + 158 (ºF)|
|Water Resistance||13 ft|