We at Starlight Xpress believe that our cameras should be as user friendly as possible. This is the philosophy behind the design of the SX TRIUS-H9 and results in a camera which needs virtually no maintenance and the minimum of effort to take top-notch astro photos. One key feature of the design is the ultra-low dark current, which means that dark frames are now totally redundant. It also means that the camera has no need of heavy cooling fins, or water cooling pipes and mess.
- CCD type: Sony ICX285AL Exview HAD CCD with ultra low dark current, extended IR response and vertical anti-blooming.
- CCD quality: Grade 1 or better - No bad columns, no dead pixels, no more than 6 'hot' pixels (saturated in <10 seconds).
- CCD Full resolution Pixel data: Pixel size: 6.45uM x 6.45uM, Image format: 1392 x 1040 pixels
- CCD Image area: 8.98mm (Horizontal) x 6.7mm (Vertical).
- Spectral Response: QE max at 540nM (~65%), 50% roll-off at 400nM and 750nM.
- Readout Noise: Less than 7 electrons RMS - typically ONLY 5 electrons.
- Full-well capacity: Greater than 23,000 e- (unbinned)
- Anti-blooming: Overload margin greater than 800x.
- Dark current: Dark frame saturation time greater than 100 hours. Less than 0.02 electrons/second @ + 10C ambient.
- Data format: 16 bits.
- System gain: 0.3 electrons per ADU
- Computer Interface: Built-in USB 2.0 compatible interface with 3 port USB 2 hub for peripheral devices.
- Image download time: Typically 0.6 seconds full resolution using USB 2.0, approximately 2 seconds with USB 1.1.
- Power requirements: 115VAC / 240VAC @ 12VA, or 12VDC @ 1.5 A max.
- Cooling system: Regulated set-point cooling supply with two stage thermoelectric cooler to give a CCD temperature of better than -40C below ambient. Dry Argon fill.
- Size: 75 x 70mm black anodised aluminium barrel with 42mm 'T2' thread at the CCD window end & input/output plugs at rear.
- Weight: approx. 300g.
The autoguider and auxiliary functions:
The rear panel of the TRIUS-H9 provides multiple inputs and outputs, as shown. The three mini B USB sockets provide independent USB 2 outputs for controlling low power USB peripherals. For example, a Lodestar or SuperStar guider and an SX filter wheel may be connected via these ports. The RJ11 autoguider output is opto-isolated and will drive any standard active-low guider input via an RJ11 'telephone' lead.
|Name||Starlight Xpress - Trius SXC-9 USB Hub CCD Camera (color)|
|Manufacturer||Starlight Xpress, LTD|
|Antiblooming||Overload margin greater than 800x.|
|CCD Image Area||8.98mm (Horizontal) x 6.7mm (Vertical)|
|CCD Quality||Grade 1 or better|
|CCD Type||Sony ICX285AL Exview HAD CCD|
|Computer Interface||Built-in USB 2.0 compatible interface with 3 port USB 2 hub for peripheral devices.|
|Dark Current||Dark frame saturation time greater than 100 hours. Less than 0.02 electrons/second @ + 10C ambient.|
|Data Format||16 bits.|
|Full Well Capacity||Greater than 23,000 e- (unbinned)|
|Gain||0.3 electrons per ADU|
|Image Download Time||Typically 0.6 seconds full resolution using USB 2.0, approximately 2 seconds with USB 1.1|
|Pixel Size||6.45uM x 6.45uM|
|Power Requirements||115VAC / 240VAC @ 12VA, or 12VDC @ 1.5 A max.|
|Read Noise||Less than 7 electrons RMS - typically ONLY 5 electron|
|Size||75 x 70mm black anodised aluminium barrel with 42mm 'T2' thread at the CCD window end & input/output plugs at rear.|
|Spectral Response||QE max at 540nM (~65%), 50% roll-off at 400nM and 750nM|