This is a discontinued item. We recommend the QHYCCD 9 Megapixel Low Noise Monochrome Camera with Filter Wheel as a replacement.
Truly the next revolution in Cooled CCD Cameras from Starlight Xpress.
It doesn’t have to be big to be brilliant, but it certainly does require innovation, excellent electronics and huge amounts of experience to get such an amazing camera in such a small package.
The SXVR-H814 uses the very latest and certainly the best CCD to be released by Sony since we started designing and producing cameras around Sony CCDs in 1991. It has a remarkable Quantum Efficiency of 77% which was previously unheard of in an interline sensor; but with all of the wonderful benefits of an interline CCD, especially from Sony such as incredibly low thermal noise and very fast electronic shutter (no need for mechanical shutters).
The CCD is available in both single-shot colour and mono, so you can have the ability to capture striking colour images with a single exposure or take full advantage of the versatility of using the monochrome version for scientific applications, such as photometry and narrow band imaging etc.
• CCD type: Sony ICX814ALG (mono), ICX814AQG (colour) Exview CCD with ultra low dark current and vertical antiblooming.
• CCD Full resolution pixel data: Pixel size: 3.69uM x 3.69uM, Image format: 3388 x 2712 pixels
• CCD Image area: 12.49mm (Horizontal) x9.99mm (Vertical).
• CCD quality: Grade 1 or better - No bad columns, no dead pixels, no more than 50 'hot' pixels (saturated in <10 seconds).
• Spectral Response: QE max at 580nM (~77%),50% roll-off at 360nM and 770nM.
• Readout Noise: Typically 5 electrons RMS
• Full-well capacity: Greater than 18,000 e-(unbinned)
• Anti-blooming: Overload margin greater than 800x.
• Dark current: Less than 0.002 electrons/second @ - 10C CCD temperature.
• Data format: 16 bits.
• System gain: 0.3 electrons per ADU
• Computer Interface: Built-in USB 2.0 compatible interface.
• Image download time: Typically 5 seconds at full resolution.
• Power requirements: 115VAC / 240VAC @ 12VA, or 12VDC @ 900mA max.
• Cooling system: Regulated set-point cooling supply with thermoelectric cooler to give a minimum CCD temperature of approximately -30C below ambient.
• Size: 75 x 70mm black anodised aluminium barrel with 42mm 'T2' thread at the CCD window end & input/output plugs at rear. CCD alignment screws are provided for setting the chip parallel to the focal plane.
• Weight: approx. 400g.
|Name||Starlight Xpress - SXVR-H814 Monochrome CCD Camera - DISCONTINUED|
|Manufacturer||Starlight Xpress, LTD|
|Antiblooming||Overload margin greater than 800x|
|CCD Image Area||12.49mm (Horizontal) x9.99mm (Vertical)|
|CCD Quality||Grade 1 or better - No bad columns, no dead pixels, no more than 50 'hot' pixels (saturated in <10 seconds)|
|CCD Type||Sony ICX814ALG|
|Computer Interface||Built-in USB 2.0 compatible interface|
|Cooling||Regulated set-point cooling supply with thermoelectric cooler to give a minimum CCD temperature of approximately -30C below ambient|
|Dark Current||Less than 0.002 electrons/second @ - 10C CCD temperature|
|Data Format||16 bits|
|Full Well Capacity||Greater than 18,000 e-(unbinned)|
|Gain||0.3 electrons per ADU|
|Image Download Time||Typically 5 seconds at full resolution|
|Image Format||3388 x 2712 pixels|
|Pixel Size||3.69uM x 3.69uM|
|Power Requirements||115VAC / 240VAC @ 12VA, or 12VDC @ 900mA max|
|Read Noise||Typically 5 electrons RMS|
|Size||75 x 70mm black anodised aluminium barrel with 42mm 'T2' thread at the CCD window end & input/output plugs at rear. CCD alignment screws are provided for setting the chip parallel to the focal plane|
|Spectral Response||QE max at 580nM (~77%),50% roll-off at 360nM and 770nM|