Truly the nextrevolution in CooledCCD Cameras fromStarlight Xpress.
It doesn’t have to be big to be brilliant, but itcertainly does require innovation, excellentelectronics and huge amounts of experience to getsuch an amazing camera in such a small package.
The SXVR-H814 uses the very latest and certainly thebest CCD to be released by Sony since we starteddesigning and producing cameras around Sony CCDsin 1991. It has a remarkable Quantum Efficiency of77% which was previously unheard of in an interlinesensor; but with all of the wonderful benefits of aninterline CCD, especially from Sony such asincredibly low thermal noise and very fast electronicshutter (no need for mechanical shutters).
The CCD is available in both single-shot colour andmono, so you can have the ability to capture strikingcolour images with a single exposure or take fulladvantage of the versatility of using themonochrome version for scientific applications, suchas photometry and narrow band imaging etc.
• CCD type: Sony ICX814ALG (mono), ICX814AQG (colour) Exview CCD with ultra low dark current and vertical antiblooming.
• CCD Full resolution pixel data: Pixel size: 3.69uM x 3.69uM, Image format: 3388 x 2712 pixels
• CCD Image area: 12.49mm (Horizontal) x9.99mm (Vertical).
• CCD quality: Grade 1 or better - No bad columns, no dead pixels, no more than 50 'hot' pixels (saturated in <10 seconds).
• Spectral Response: QE max at 580nM (~77%),50% roll-off at 360nM and 770nM.
• Readout Noise: Typically 5 electrons RMS
• Full-well capacity: Greater than 18,000 e-(unbinned)
• Anti-blooming: Overload margin greater than 800x.
• Dark current: Less than 0.002 electrons/second @ - 10C CCD temperature.
• Data format: 16 bits.
• System gain: 0.3 electrons per ADU
• Computer Interface: Built-in USB 2.0 compatible interface.
• Image download time: Typically 5 seconds at full resolution.
• Power requirements: 115VAC / 240VAC @ 12VA, or 12VDC @ 900mA max.
• Cooling system: Regulated set-point cooling supply with thermoelectric cooler to give a minimum CCD temperature of approximately -30C below ambient.
• Size: 75 x 70mm black anodised aluminium barrel with 42mm 'T2' thread at the CCD window end & input/output plugs at rear. CCD alignment screws are provided for setting the chip parallel to the focal plane.
• Weight: approx. 400g.
|Manufacturer||Starlight Xpress, LTD|
|Antiblooming||Overload margin greater than 100x|
|CCD||Kodak KAF8300M full frame CCD|
|CCD Image Area||17.96mm (Horizontal) x 13.52mm (Vertical)|
|CCD Quality||Standard grade - No dead columns, no dead pixels|
|Computer Interface||Built-in USB 2.0 compatible interface|
|Cooling||Regulated constant current cooling supply with two stage thermoelectric cooler to give a CCD temperature of approximately -40C below ambient|
|Dark Current e-/p/s at 0°C||Dark frame saturation time greater than 10 hours. Less than 0.05 electrons/second @ + 10C ambient|
|Data Format||16 bits|
|Full Frame Download||Greater than 25,000 e- (unbinned)|
|Gain e-/ADU||0.35 electrons per ADU|
|Image Download Time||Typically 4.5 seconds at full resolution using USB 2.0|
|Pixel Size||5.4uM x 5.4uM, Image format: 3326 x 2504 pixels|
|Power Requirements||115VAC / 240VAC @ 12VA, or 12VDC @ 750mA max|
|Read Noise||Less than 8 electrons RMS - typically only 6.5 electrons|
|Size||75 x 70mm black anodised aluminium barrel|
|Spectral Response||QE max at 540nM (~56%), 48% at 470nM and 656nM|