Starlight Xpress SXVR-H35 35mm Interline CCD Camera
- Large, high resolution Kodak CCD chip, with 10,838,016 x 9uM square pixels in a 36.3 x 24.2mm array.
- Low dark signal - Dark frames not necessary for most of the brighter deep sky objects.
- Anti-blooming with minimal effect on linearity and no lost active area.
- Built-in super high speed USB 2.0 interface for approx. 7 second downloads.
- High sensitivity, approx. 52% QE at peak (green light), 31% at H alpha.
- Built-in autoguider interface and output - compatible with the optional dedicated external guide camera
- Built-in dual serial ports for accessory control - directly drive filter wheels, GOTO 'scopes etc.
- Single USB cable control for all features - get rid of that dangerous cable tangle!
- Only ONE computer needed to control all of the devices and functions
- Very low power consumption. Less than 1.0 amps at 12v DC - 12VA at 110v or 240v AC
- Compact and lightweight - only 118mm in diameter x 102mm long - less than 1100 grams load on the telescope.
- 72 x 1mm input thread, compatible with Takahashi FSQ106 etc.
The SXVF-H35 and H36 cameras are the largest in the SX line of Kodak CCD based imagers. We have used a two stage Peltier cooler for efficient CCD cooling, and a high-speed USB2 interface circuit for a short download time. The fast download minimises the visibility of bias frame artefacts, such as hot columns and the top to bottom gradient that is commonly seen on such chips. The camera shown on this page is the H36, as both versions have a closely similar appearance.
|Name||Starlight Xpress - SXVR-H35 35mm Interline Camera|
|Manufacturer||Starlight Xpress, LTD|
|Antiblooming||Overload margin greater than 1000x|
|CCD||Kodak KAI11002M interline CCD with low dark current and vertical anti-blooming|
|CCD Image Area||36.3mm (Horizontal) x 24.2mm (Vertical)|
|CCD Quality||Grade 2 as standard|
|Computer Interface||Built-in USB 2.0 compatible interface|
|Cooling||Regulated constant current cooling supply with two stage thermoelectric cooler to give a CCD temperature of approximately -40C below ambient|
|Dark Current e-/p/s at 0°C||Dark frame saturation time greater than 10 hours. Less than 0.08 electrons/second @ + 10C ambient|
|Data Format||16 bits|
|Full Well Capacity||Greater than 50,000 e- (unbinned)|
|Gain e-/ADU||0.9 electrons per ADU|
|Image Download Time||Typically 7 seconds at full resolution using USB 2.0|
|Pixel Size||9uM x 9uM, Image format: 4032 x 2688 pixels|
|Power Requirements||115VAC / 240VAC @ 12VA, or 12VDC @ 750mA max|
|Read Noise||Less than 15 electrons RMS - typically only 12 electrons|
|Size||98 x 100mm black anodised aluminium barrel|
|Spectral Response||QE max at 540nM (~52%), 30% at 400nM and 660nM|