This is a discontinued item. We recommend the ATIK 460EX Monochrome CCD Camera as a replacement.
Starlight Xpress SXVR-H694 Monochrome CCD Camera
- Medium format, high resolution 'Exview' CCD chip, with 6,050,000 x 4.54uM square pixels in a 15.98mm diagonal array.
- Exceptionally low dark signal - No dark frames necessary for most deep sky objects.
- Exceptionally effective anti-blooming with minimal effect on linearity and no lost active area.
- Very high sensitivity - 77% QE at peak of response in yellow light, 65% at Hydrogen alpha line (656 nM).
- High speed USB 2.0 interface for approx. 5 second downloads.
- Built-in autoguider interface and output - compatible with our optional dedicated external guide cameras.
- Built-in dual serial ports for accessory control - directly drive filter wheels, GOTO 'scopes etc.
- Single USB cable control for all features - get rid of that dangerous cable tangle!
- Very low power consumption. Less than 1 amp at 12v DC.
- Compact and lightweight - only 75mm in diameter x 70mm long - less than 500 grams load on the telescope.
|Name||Starlight Xpress - Sony ICX694AQG Monochrome CCD Camera - DISCONTINUED|
|Manufacturer||Starlight Xpress, LTD|
|Antiblooming||Overload margin greater than 800x|
|CCD||ICX694AQG (colour) Exview CCD with ultra low dark current and vertical anti-blooming|
|CCD Image Area||12.49mm (Horizontal) x 9.99mm (Vertical)|
|CCD Quality||Grade 1 or better - No bad columns, no dead pixels, no more than 50 'hot' pixels (saturated in <10 seconds)|
|Computer Interface||Built-in USB 2.0 compatible interface|
|Cooling||Regulated set-point cooling supply with thermoelectric cooler to give a minimum CCD temperature of approximately -30C below ambient|
|Dark Current||Less than 0.002 electrons/second @ - 10C CCD temperature|
|Data Format||16 bits|
|Full Frame Download||Greater than 20,000 e- (unbinned)|
|Gain e-/ADU||0.3 electrons per ADU|
|Image Download Time||Typically 5 seconds at full resolution|
|Pixel Size||4.54uM x 4.54uM, Image format: 2750 x 2200 pixels|
|Power Requirements||115VAC / 240VAC @ 12VA, or 12VDC @ 900mA max|
|Read Noise||Less than 7 electrons RMS - typically ONLY 5 electrons!|
|Size||75 x 70mm black anodised aluminium barrel|
|Spectral Response||QE max at 580nM (~77%), 50% roll-off at 360nM and 770nM|