This is a discontinued item. We recommend the FLI MicroLine KAI-16000M Grade 2 Interline Monochrome CCD Camera as a replacement.
Starlight Xpress 35mm Interline Monochrome Camera
- Large, high resolution Kodak CCD chip, with 16,085,120 x 7.4uM square pixels in a 36.3 x 24.2mm array.
- Low dark signal - Dark frames not necessary for most of the brighter deep sky objects.
- Anti-blooming with minimal effect on linearity and no lost active area.
- Built-in super high speed USB 2.0 interface for approx. 10 second downloads.
- High sensitivity, approx. 52% QE at peak (green light), 31% at H alpha.
- Built-in autoguider interface and output - compatible with the optional dedicated external guide camera
- Built-in dual serial ports for accessory control - directly drive filter wheels, GOTO 'scopes etc.
- Single USB cable control for all features - get rid of that dangerous cable tangle!
- Only ONE computer needed to control all of the devices and functions
- Very low power consumption. Less than 1.0 amps at 12v DC - 12VA at 110v or 240v AC
- Compact and lightweight - only 118mm in diameter x 102mm long - less than 1100 grams load on the telescope.
- 72 x 1mm input thread, compatible with Takahashi FSQ106 etc.
The SXVF-H36 cameras are the largest in the SX line of Kodak CCD based imagers. We have used a two stage Peltier cooler for efficient CCD cooling, and a high-speed USB2 interface circuit for a short download time. The fast download minimises the visibility of bias frame artefacts, such as hot columns and the top to bottom gradient that is commonly seen on such chips.
|Name||Starlight Xpress - 35mm Interline Monochrome CCD Camera - DISCONTINUED|
|Manufacturer||Starlight Xpress, LTD|
|Antiblooming||Overload margin greater than 1000x|
|CCD||Kodak KAI16000M interline CCD with low dark current and vertical anti-blooming|
|CCD Image Area||36.3mm (Horizontal) x 24.2mm (Vertical)|
|CCD Quality||Grade 2 available at this time|
|Computer Interface||Built-in USB 2.0 compatible interface|
|Cooling||Regulated constant current cooling supply with two stage thermoelectric cooler to give a CCD temperature of approximately -40C below ambient|
|Dark Current||Dark frame saturation time greater than 10 hours. Less than 0.05 electrons/second @ + 10C ambient|
|Data Format||16 bits|
|Full Well Capacity||Greater than 30,000 e- (unbinned)|
|Gain e-/ADU||0.4 electrons per ADU|
|Image Download Time||Typically 10 seconds at full resolution using USB 2.0|
|Pixel Size||7.4uM x 7.4uM, Image format: 4904 x 3280 pixels|
|Power Requirements||115VAC / 240VAC @ 12VA, or 12VDC @ 750mA max|
|Size||118 x 102mm black anodised aluminium barrel|
|Spectral Response||QE max at 540nM (~52%), 30% at 400nM and 660nM|