Fortunate indeed is the amateur astronomer observing with a Sky-Watcher PRO 80ED-APO 80 mm Refractor on a clear night with transparent skies and a stable atmosphere. The Sky-Watcher ED-APO 80mm is very capable as a wide-field telescope offering bright, wide sections of sky in a single view. It is well suited for wide-field astronomical observation of prominent nebulae, star clusters and galaxies from a dark-sky location, or can be used as an astrograph for deep sky imaging. Ultra high contrast quality allows the subtlest of details to be easily examined under conditions of good seeing. The slim silhouette of the SkyWatcher ED-APO 80 mm makes for an excellent compact, portable telescope that travels light and fits in a small space. At about 50-power, structural detail becomes apparent in our solar system’s gas giants like Saturn and Jupiter. The Moon also exhibits striking crater detail along the lunar terminator.
Due to their unobstructed, textbook-like diffraction patterns and clean optical properties, ED-APO's produce the sharpest, highest quality imaging obtainable from any telescope optical design. In a given aperture size, refractors will always exhibit sharper images than other optical designs because the refractor concentrates more light into the central airy-disk and first diffraction rings. There is no diffraction pattern interference caused by a diagonal mirror, or secondary mirror being suspended in the optical path (central obstruction) as is the case with reflectors.
The Pro 80ED benefits from the use of Schott Glass for the Front Crown Element and ED 2 Lens Element in the objective. Schott is the recognized world leader in glass utilized for precision optical lens systems, including medical instrumentation and famous-brand camera lenses. Sky-Watcher APO refractors utilize the finest extra-low dispersion (ED) glass available, FPL-53. This results in the best color correction for an ED doublet lens. The Sky-Watcher ED-APO design assures virtual elimination of residual “false color" (i.e. chromatic aberration) normally present in 2-element achromatic lens designs which utilize standard crown and flint glasses. Every lens element is individually inspected for purity and absence of striae and other image-degrading imperfections. Every lens is pitch polished to exacting standards of optical fabrication and performance by highly skilled opticians using state-of-the-art methods and rigidly controlled optical testing procedures. The result is high-quality, diffraction-limited optics performing to the theoretical limits of their respective aperture sizes. All lenses are uniformly air-spaced in their cell housings. Each air-to-glass lens surface has exotic anti-reflection metallic coatings applied to ensure optimum light through-put. The proprietary Sky-Watcher “Metallic High-Transmission Coatings" (MHC) are the finest photon anti-rejection coatings in their class. The objective lens cell is light-baffled to reject stray, unfocused light. The draw tube is likewise baffled to insure optimum contrast. The tube interior is flat blackened to help prevent unfocused internal light reflections from reaching the focal plane.
Optical focus is achieved by means of the Standard ultra-smooth, backlash-free, precision 2" Crayford-style focuser-assembly with 1.25" eyepiece adaptor. The Focuser features 2 speeds for fine and ultra-fine focusing adjustments.
The Optical Tube material is aluminum, powder-coated reflective gloss black with gold fleck accent. The front and back cells are cast-aluminum powder coated white or black. The Sky-Watcher APO optical tube comes with attachment hardware that allows it to be securely fastened to the SW EQ5P mount. The quick-release tube rings provided with SW ED-APO model Pro 80ED are precision cast-aluminum, powder-coated white.
Sky-Watcher PRO 80ED includes:
- All Sky-Watcher USA ProEDs come with 2-speed backlash-free 2” Crayford-style focusers
- Quality foam-lined metal carrying case
- Right-angle 8x50mm viewfinder with bracket;
- 2” dielectric diagonal;
- Two 1.25” LE (Long Eye relief) eyepieces (LET20mm and LET5mm);
- 1.25” focuser adaptor;
- Tube ring attachment hardware that works with compatible mounts.
Sky-Watcher AllView Mount:
- Leveling bubble provided on the mount's base to check the mount's level
- Mounting bracket can be configured to hold a camera in landscape or portrait orientation
- ¼-20 mounting screw on the Landscape Mounting Plate to attach camera, camcorder or telescope optical tube
- Dual-Encoder design on both axes of the mount assures the mount will not lose its alignment or positional information on either axis, even if the scope is moved by hand
- Requires 12 Volts DC, or 8 - 16 Volts with an optional AC adapter or ten AA alkaline batteries in the built-in battery compartment
- Mounting bracket assembly includes Dovetail Bar, Guiding Rail, Landscape Mounting Plate and Portrait Mounting Plate
- Time Lapse Mode permits a series of still images over a long period of time while the mount slowly pans
- Video coursing feature allows video with a constant slewing speed from one point to another
- Hand control has a dual-line, 16-character display that is backlit for comfortable viewing
- Three methods to align the SynScan AZ - Brightest Star alignment, 2-Star alignment and Daytime alignment
- SynScan AZ provides a Pointing Accuracy Enhancement (PAE) function to further improve accuracy
- SynScan AZ database with over 42,900 celestial objects includes complete Messier, NGC, IC SAO catalogues and 25 user defined objects and is flash upgradeable
- Slew Speeds: 1000x, 800x, 600x, 400x, 200x, 32x, 16x, 8x, 2x, 1x
Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Lunar, Solar
Tracking Modes: Dual Axis Tracking
Dovetail Compatible: accepts "Vixen-style" dovetail
Go-To Pointing Accuracy: up to 5 arc min
The SkyWatcher AllView mount is a truly versatile mount, perfect for panoramic photography, videography and astroimaging. AllView is a fully automatic Go-To mount that can be paired with a variety of cameras, camcorders and telescopes. Take time-lapse video of outdoor activities, panoramic images of cityscapes, astroimages of moon, stars, galaxies, and more with this sophisticated computerized mount.
- Capture full 360 degree panoramas with a DSLR or most point-and-shoot cameras
- Capture motion time lapse movies with your DSLR while the mount rotates
- When shooting video with a camcorder or DSLR, use AllView as a motorized panning head for smooth motion
- Attach any small telescope (using the standard 1.75” dovetail bar) and the mount’s Go-To electronics will find any of 42,000 celestial objects and automatically center and track them in your eyepiece.
- Electronic shutter release — automatically triggers your DSLR when shooting panoramas or time lapse images*
- Dual encoder technology — allows you to move the mount by hand or using the hand control and without losing alignment
- 3/8” tripod socket for mounting to virtually any prosumer tripod
- Can be powered using 10 internally carried AA batteries for use in the field without the need for a bulky external power supply
- Motorized mount can be easily removed from the heavy duty tripod for easy transportation and storage
- Intuitive interface of the computerized hand control makes it easy to setup panoramas and time lapse images
- All brackets are included for mounting cameras and camcorders that use a standard ¼-20 tripod socket
*The supplied shutter release cable works with Canon Rebel DSLR cameras. Optional cables are available for other camera manufacturers and models.
|Name||Sky-Watcher USA - ProED 80mm on AllView Mount|