Sky-Watcher Quantum top of the line ED-APO refractors offer premium optical performance for the discriminating amateur astronomer and imagers. Refractors are coveted for their high-definition, superb for optimal detail of planets and binary stars while delivering the contrast needed to see faint nebulosity against a coal-black sky background. Quantum refractors utilize the most modern optical glasses and fabricating techniques to deliver the ultimate in high-fidelity astronomical imaging.
Each lens element is individually inspected for purity and absence of striations and other image-degrading imperfections. Every lens is pitched polished to exacting standards of optical fabrication and performance by highly skilled opticians and tested on an optical laser bench to rigidly controlled optical standards. The result is high-quality, diffraction-limited optics performing to the theoretical limits of their respective aperture sizes.
- APO Quality - Quantum refractors are designed to assure virtual elimination of residual chromatic aberration ("false color") normally present in 2-element achromatic lens designs. Using the finest extra-low dispersion (ED) glass available, S-FPL53, and Schott glass for the other two lens elements, the Quantum triplet design delivers crisp, high-fidelity views of planetary, lunar and even deep-space celestial objects. All air-to-glass lens surfaces are multi-coated for high light transmission.
- F/7.0 Focal Ratio - excellent for visual and imaging use.
- Field Flattener - When you are ready for imaging, Quantum includes a field flattening lens that transforms your scope into the Ultimate Imaging Instrument. Using optical grade Schott glass and mutli-coatings on all air-to-glass lens surfaces, the field flattener provides sharps, in-focus stars across a large 43 mm image circle. The field flattener is compatible with optional M48 camera adapter rings.
- Precision Linear Bearing Focuser - Optical focus is achieved by means of a mechanically ultra-smooth, backlash-free, precision linear bearing focuser with giant 3.4" diameter drawtube. This rotatable focuser offers 2-speed fine and micro-fine focusing adjustments with an engraved scale. Includes 2" eyepiece adapter.
- Carbon Fiber Optical Tube - Dent and scratch-resistant carbon fiber optical tube not only provides a stylish protective finish, but also delivers excellent thermal stability and mechanical stiffness.
- EQ Mount Ready - All-metal tube rings and a CGE-style dovetail plate makes Quantum refractors ready to be mounted on any of Celestron's high quality imaging platforms, like the CGEM Deluxe or CGE Pro equatorial mounts.
- Retractable Carbon Fiber Lens Shade - For compact and safe storage.
- Six Internal Baffles - Maximizes contrast and minimizes stray light and reflections.
- Aluminum Case - Offers protection for your instrument.
Includes full accessory assortment:
- 28mm eyepiece w/ 2" barrel diameter, fully multi-coated optics
- 2" dielectric mirror star diagonal w/ 1.25" adapter
- 9x50 correct-image right-angle finderscope with machined dovetail bracket
- Aluminum dust cover
|Name||Sky-Watcher USA - Quantum 150 Refractor Telescope|