Takahashi TSA-102S 102mm Triplet Super APO Refractors
There are no products matching the selection.
The TSA-10S2 is the first in the new TSA line of Takahashi triplet apochromats. The color free images produced will delight the lunar, planetary and deep sky observer with very high contract images with pin point stars.
The compact size, less than 23 inch with the lens shade retracted, makes the TSA-102 the perfect airline ready apochromat. The TSA-102S is great for eclipse expeditions or transport to remote sites.
Not only is the TSA-102S a great visual instrument, it can be converted into a flat field f/7.84 or an f/5.98 wide field imaging platform for a CCD camera or digital SLR. The addition of the optional camera angle adjuster allows the image to be rotated 360Â° without loss of focus. The camera angle adjuster is also very handy for visual applications to position the ocular or bino viewer in the best most comfortable position.
The TSA-102S is a compact, high quality, apochromatic, versatile Takahashi, made for the refractor enthusiast who wants a very high quality instrument in a relatively compact package.
- Newly designed triplet apochromat TSA Series
- Very high color correction, produces color-free images
- Airline portable less than 23 inch long and weighs 11 lbs.
- 2.7 inch focuser for stable focusing, will accommodate heavy CCD cameras or bino viewers
- Enhanced back focus of 230mm [9.39 inch] allows the use of any bino viewer with ease
- Supplied with rigid 72mm r extension tubes to assure deflection -free focusing
- Quick release finder bracket allows the user to keep finder alignment when finder is removed and reattached
- Knife edge baffles and over sized tube produce very high contrast images
SPECIFICATIONS for the TSA-102S (Tube assembly only)
Objective New design triplet apochromat
Focal ratio F/8
Focal length 816mm
Back focus 230mm [9.39 inch]
Diameter of main tube 114mm
Length of main tube lens shade collapsed 585mm [23 inch]
Weight of main tube 5kg [11lbs.]
Focuser size 68.6mm [2.7 inch ]
Focal ratio F/5.98
Focal length 610mm
Image circle 53mm q @ 5Â°
Stellar image at center 8
TOA Flattener - 35
Focal ratio f/7.84
Focal length 800mm
Image circle 42mm q @ 3Â°
Stellar size at center 12