Astronomik UHC Visual Filters
Learn MoreFREE SHIPPINGModel#: LC-DS(48 States)
Learn MoreModel#: LS100FHa1_B1800
Learn MoreModel#: TGLB-12
Astrodon's new improvements of photometric Sloan filters generation 2 feature excellent out of band clocking and other edge-blackended compounds to reduce stray light reflections to assist in CCD imaging.... Learn MoreFREE SHIPPINGModel#: g'2-50S(48 States)
FREE SHIPPINGModel#: B07743(48 States)
- BORG 77EDII OTA
- 0.65x reducer
- Total of 6 elements
- 330mm focal length
- 35mm full-frame coverage
Learn MoreModel#: CGE-SFC
Learn MoreModel#: ETX-SFC
Learn MoreModel#: ServoCAT-S
Learn MoreModel#: ServoCAT
Learn MoreModel#: SM-SFC
Learn MoreModel#: SM-SFS
Learn MoreModel#: TAK-SFC
The 127mm f/6.5 Achromatic refractor from Explore Scientific is an air spaced doublet refractor telescope mainly for visual observing celestial objects.... Learn MoreFREE SHIPPINGModel#: DAR127065-00(48 States)
The AR152 (six-inch), with its larger aperture optics gathers 44% more light over the AR127 (five-inch) model, providing much brighter images and higher resolution.... Learn MoreFREE SHIPPINGModel#: DAR152065-00(48 States)
Levenhuk C1400 NG is a very powerful 14-Mpx digital camera for microscopes; it is capable of capturing sharp and saturated images in true color.... Learn MoreFREE SHIPPINGModel#: 35957(48 States)
The TOA-150 is the second Takahashi Ortho Apochromat to be developed by Takahashi. It features a newly designed triplet objective. This new design like its smaller companion the TOA-130 is absolutely color free... Learn MoreFREE SHIPPINGModel#: TOK1501(48 States)
Learn MoreModel#: TG14
The Astronomik UHC is THE filter for visual observing.
You will enjoy using your Astronomik UHC filter because you will see more stars and more details in deep-sky-objects compared to using filters from all other manufacturers.
The Astronomik UHC (Ultra High Contrast) filter allows the transmission of nearly 100% of the radiation from both O-III and the H beta lines. Though the second window for the H-alpha-line is not intended for visual observing, it is important, if the filter is used with an electronic device. All annoying, scattered light from other wavelength sources, including local artificial light pollution, is reliably filtered out. With this strong blocking of the sky background an unexpected wealth of detail becomes visible for gas nebulae and planetary nebulae.
Astronomik UHC filters’ astounding high light transmission brings better views of deep-sky-objects even to small telescopes! The high transmission of our optical glass filters means that enough light is available to allow successful visual observations with telescopes beginning at 2" (50mm) aperture. Our Astronomik filters are optimized for use with telescope focal length f / ratios of f/4 to f/15. Transmission losses and chromatic distortions, which arise with other filters, only occur with Astronomik filters when extremely bright aperture ratios of 1:2 and more come into play. Another major advantage of our Astronomik UHC filter is the high optical quality of the filter glass. When using Astronomik UHC filters you will quickly notice the same needle-sharp stars which you are familiar with from your astronomical instrument without any filter!
- Visual observation (dark skies): Very good, for telescopes of all apertures and high exit pupil
- Visual observation (urban skies): Very good, for telescops from 100 mm aperture
- Film photography: Reasonable, but very long exposure time
- CCD photography: Good, when used with an additional IR-block-filter
- DSLR photography (original): Good, colour balance shifted but contrast enhanced
- DSLR photography (astro modified): Very good, colour balance is near perfect
- DSLR photography (MC modified): Good, when used with an additional IR-block-filter
- Webcam / Video (Planets): Unsuitable
- Webcam / Video (Deep Sky): Good, if light pollution is a big problem
- Transmission of nearly 100% of O-III and H-beta
- Transmission of 96% of H alpha
- Entire Blocking of annoying wavelengths
- Ideal All-round Deep Sky filter even for small telescopes
- Not sensitive to humidity or aging
- Excellent carrier material. The optical Leitungs of your telescope is not reduced by the filter in any way.
- Parfocal with other Astronomik filters
- Glass thickness: 1mm
- Completely resistant against high humidity, scratches and aging effects
- Diffraction limited, the filter will not reduce the optical performance of your telescope!
- Astronomik filters are delivered in a high-quality, long lasting, filter box