|| The PT3 has been re-designed from the ground up to provide even better performance than the previous PT3 version. Now with dual lifting columns that simultaneously lift the telescope and mount, through a 20” travel distance. This design renders rock solid adjustment with a push of a button. The addition of the second lifting column to the PT3 provides a guided precision lift that allows CCD imaging at high powers thru its total 20” travel. Lifting capacity is 1100 pounds and can withstand a bending moment of 448 pounds at 52 inches from center of the pier.
Features of the Pier-Tech 3 Telescope Pier
• Supplied with 120Volt controller.
• Dual lifting columns allow a guided precision 20 inch lift.
• Stays level and polar aligned at every height.
• Can be made portable with optional legs and castors attachment.
• 1100 pound lift capacity.
• Minimum pier height is 28 1/2 inches, Maximum pier height is 48 1/2 inches (all dimensions are +/- 1 inch)
• Aluminum and powder coated steel construction for corrosion resistance.
• Flat, top pier plate is included in price. There will be an additional charge for adapting to mounts that do not attach to a flat top plate. Contact Pier-Tech for additional information.
• Great for roll-off roof observatories or dome observatories.
• Ergonomic and handicapped accessible.
• Great for viewers of different standing heights such as children.
• Designed for CCD imaging at high powers.
Pier-Tech 3 is similar in construction as the Pier-Tech2 except it can withstand greater bending moments and it has a 800 pound lifting capacity. It is designed for the observer who wishes to raise and lower the pier by a push of a button. Pier-Tech 3 is also great for remote control observatories where the full operation of the observatory is done remotely. The pier can be wired to the observatory's main controller for operation. To operate the Pier-Tech 3, just plug it into a standard 120V outlet and push the up or down button on the supplied hand held pendant to raise or lower the pier.Features of the Pier-Tech 3 Telescope Pier
Supplied with 120Volt controller or 12V battery for operation.
Stays level and polar aligned at every height.
Can be made portable with optional legs and castors attachment.
800 pound lift capacity.
Minimum pier height is 28 1/2 inches- 29 1/2 inches, Maximum pier height is 48 1/2 inches- 49 1/2 inches, (all dimensions are +/- 1/2 inch)
Aluminum and powder coated steel construction for corrosion resistance.
Custom machined top plate for your telescope or wedge type included in price.
Great for roll-off roof observatories.
Ergonomic and handicapped accessible.
Great for viewers of different standing heights such as children.
Designed for bigger Telescopes such as Meade LX200 16" or 8" Refractors with large overhung loads