Orion StarSeek Telescope Control Cable-to-IntelliScope Kit
Control your Orion IntelliScope Reflector with your Apple iPhone or iPad!
With the Orion StarSeek Telescope Control Cable-to-IntelliScope Kit, you can use an iPhone or iPad running one of Orion’s interactive StarSeek star chart apps as a telescope hand controller for your Orion IntelliScope reflector. Once you’ve attached your iPhone or iPad to your Orion IntelliScope using the included cables, you can use the beautifully detailed star charts of the Orion StarSeek app on your iPhone or iPad to point your IntelliScope towards interesting celestial sights.
- Harness the power and interactive fun of the Orion StarSeek app and your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to control your IntelliScope Dobsonian like never before!
- Affordable kit lets you use the StarSeek app's beautiful, zoomable star chart interface to point your IntelliScope to any of over 31,000 deep-sky objects and 312,000 stars within StarSeek's database (Std. Edition)
- As you view night sky objects with your IntelliScope, the StarSeek app will provide helpful and educational information on the object to enhance your stargazing experience
- Take your "smart Dobsonian" to a whole new level of convenience and family fun!
- Compatible with all Orion SkyQuest XTi and XXi IntelliScope Dobsonian reflectors, and the Orion StarBlast 6i IntelliScope reflector
Using the Orion StarSeek app to point your IntelliScope will make each stargazing experience more interactive and entertaining, thanks to StarSeek’s thoroughly detailed map of the night sky. To use the StarSeek app to guide your IntelliScope to a particular celestial object, just hold up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to the night sky and tap on the desired object. Or select an object from one of StarSeek's thorough object menus. Then, zoom out a bit to reduce the scale of the star chart display. This allows you to see both the position where the IntelliScope is currently pointed (the telescope cursor), and the position of the selected celestial object. Next, simply move the telescope manually so the displayed telescope cursor moves toward and eventually overlaps the selected object. You can then zoom in on the star chart to more precisely center the telescope cursor on the selected object. Once you’ve superimposed the telescope cursor on the object, it will be visible in the telescope eyepiece. Cool! What’s more, you can use the interactive StarSeek app to explore more information about the object, and maybe even see a NASA or Hubble astrophoto of it.
This handy kit works with all Orion SkyQuest XTi and XXi IntelliScope Dobsonians, and our compact StarBlast 6i IntelliScope Reflector. You’ll also need an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch running iOS 4 or later, and with version 3.0 or later of any Orion StarSeek app installed (Std, Pro, or Max).
Apple, the Apple logo, iPod touch, iPod, iPad 2, iPad and iTunes are trademarks of Apple, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
|Name||Orion - StarSeek Telescope Control Cable-to-IntelliScope Kit|