Orion SpaceProbe 3 Altaz Reflector Telescope
Beginning astronomy enthusiasts seeking an affordable entry to astronomical adventure will get it in spades with an Orion SpaceProbe 3 Altazimuth Reflector Telescope. Great for all-around astronomical observing, this highly portable, uncomplicated telescope is just the right size and weight for all family members, and just the right price for parents.
The SpaceProbe 3 Altazimuth Reflector Telescope makes the night sky’s treasures accessible right from the comfort of your own backyard. This inexpensive reflector telescope will amaze you with revealing views of Saturn’s picturesque rings, Jupiter’s moons, and the beautifully cratered terrain of our own Moon’s surface. Built around a 3" (76mm) diameter primary mirror, the Orion SpaceProbe 3 Altazimuth Reflector Telescope also gathers enough light to snare the faint glows of some very exotic star clusters and distant nebulas! The SpaceProbe 3’s focal length of 700mm (f/9.2) provides sharp views of cosmic curiosities the whole family can enjoy.
- A fantastic beginner telescope that's lightweight, easy to set up, and has a very affordable price tag!
- 76mm (3") aperture reflector telescope is large enough for wonderful views of the Moon, rings of Saturn, moons orbiting Jupiter, and even some brighter nebulas
- Stable altazimuth mount and tripod provides smooth motion in both altitude (up/down) and azimuth (left/right) axes of motion
- The included EZ Finder II reflex sight makes finding celestial objects a breeze - once aligned, just place the red-dot on the object, and you're ready to view!
- Includes two 1.25" telescope eyepieces, EZ Finder II reflex sight, smooth rack and pinion focuser, reflector collimation cap, and Starry Night astronomy software
The aluminum Newtonian reflector optical tube features a 1.25" rack-and-pinion focuser to ensure sharp images in the telescope eyepiece. Speaking of which, each Orion SpaceProbe 3 Altazimuth Reflector includes two interchangeable 1.25” Explorer II telescope eyepieces, a 25mm and a 10mm. The 25mm eyepiece will yield 28x power magnification in the SpaceProbe 3 while the 10mm eyepiece boosts the magnification up to 70x power. A wide-field EZ Finder II reflex sight is also included to aid in locating objects and aiming the telescope. An adjustable-height tripod with accessory tray and aluminum legs is also included with the SpaceProbe 3.
The Orion SpaceProbe 3 Altazimuth Reflector Telescope comes with an altazimuth mount which allows simple up/down and left/right motion. The altazimuth mount is lightweight and easy to use for anyone on the family. (+Like all reflector telescopes, the SpaceProbe 3 is not recommended for terrestrial viewing on land as the images will not be right-side up.)
The Orion SpaceProbe 3 Altazimuth Reflector Telescope comes with an altazimutFor the novice keen to discover what’s "out there," the affordable Orion SpaceProbe 3 Altazimuth reflector Telescope provides a wonderful opportunity!