Orion SkyView Pro 180mm Maksutov Cassegrain Telescope
Looking for something to satisfy your appetite for power? Try a big Mak! For the most demanding enthusiast, our new Orion SkyView Pro 180mm Mak-Cass Telescope sets the standard for high-power performance and compact design. With 7" of aperture and that long focal length Maksutov aficionados love, you'll get tack-sharp views and clearly defined photos with subtle detail and high contrast.
- Maksutov-Cassegrain telescope with a whopping 7.1" aperture and 2,700mm focal length (f/15) excels for high-power solar system use
- Telescope optical tube measures only 22" long and weighs less than 16 lbs. for compact portability and easy storage
- The included SkyView Pro EQ equatorial mount and steel-tube tripod provides a stable platform for the Maksutov-Cassegrain
- This non-computerized SkyView Pro mount can be upgrade to GoTo or capability at any time with a optional upgrade kit (sold separately)
- Includes 9x50 finder scope, 25mm Sirius Plossl 1.25" eyepiece, 90° 1.25" prism star diagonal, Starry Night astronomy software, and more!
The reason for the outstanding high-power performance is the 180mm (7.1") optical system with its 2,700mm focal length (f/15). With 44% more light grasp than the 150mm Mak, you'll get brighter images and better resolution. And the Maksutov-Cassegrain optical design produces larger images with less eyepiece magnification than other telescopes. It's the perfect combination of brightness, contrast, and definition for planets, close double-stars, clusters, and well-defined deep-sky targets.
The visual back accepts 1.25" eyepieces and accessories, and a dovetail bracket on the rear cell accepts any Orion finder scope or EZ Finder. The dovetail rail on the underside of the tube makes it easy to remove the telescope or attach it to the mount for easier setup. Attach an Orion StarShoot Solar System Imaging Camera and you'll capture gorgeous high-resolution color images on your PC!
|Name||Orion - SkyView Pro 180mm Maksutov Cassegrain Telescope|
|Optical Tube Length||22.5 in.|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction||1.61 in.|