Orion SkyQuest XT10 Classic Dobsonian
It's no wonder customers heap 5-star ratings on these "gentle giants." For not only do their jumbo-sized optics and uncomplicated design bring a "new level of joy to simple observing," raved Astronomy magazine, but they're also the most affordable quality Dobs on the market. SkyQuest XT Classics aren't just good bang for the buck, they're a supernova of telescope value!
- 254mm aperture and 1200mm focal length for glorious views of the moon, planets, galaxies and nebulas
- The ultra-stable Dobsonian base keeps the tube perfectly balanced for point-and-view ease of use
- Now includes an upgraded 2" Crayford-style focuser that accepts 1.25" and 2" eyepieces
- Includes 25mm Sirius Plossl eyepiece, EZ Finder II reflex sight, collimation cap, and FREE Starry Night astronomy software
- Big-aperture optics + point-and-view ease of use = out-of-this-world value
XT Classics give you the deep-space thrills without the deep-pocket frills. We've kept them lean and mean to keep their prices low for tight budgets. But rest assured, they come fully equipped for adventure, whether you're a beginning stargazer or are graduating to a more capable instrument. All Classics feature an expertly figured parabolic mirror housed in an enameled steel optical tube. The tube rides on a stable Dobsonian base that allows easy point-and-view navigation and has a convenient carrying handle. A 2" Crayford focuser (XT6 has 1.25" R%P focuser), EZ Finder II aiming device, 25mm Sirius Plossl eyepiece (1.25"), and quick-collimation cap are all standard equipment.
Setup takes only a minute, leaving the rest of the evening to marvel at the planets, the Moon, and a myriad of deep-sky treasures. Enjoy the fantastic views - and savings! One-year limited warranty.
|Name||Orion - SkyQuest XT10 Classic Dobsonian Telescope|
|Eyepieces||Sirius Plossl 25.0mm (1.25")|
|Eyepiece 1 Magnification||48x|
|Finderscope||EZ Finder II|
|Highest Useful Magnification||300x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||14.7|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||36x|
|Optical Coatings||Aluminum & Silicon Dioxide|
|Optical Design||Reflector (Parabolic) BK-7 Glass|
|Optical Tube Length||47.8 in|
|Optical Tube Weight||30.8 lbs|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction||63mm|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area||6%|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter||25%|