Orion Sirius ED80 EQ-G GoTo Telescope
As numerous customers have shown, the ED80's short focal length and superb apochromatic optics make it a great telescope for astrophotography. And now we've coupled it with a state-of-the-art equatorial mount that provides the stability and precision control needed to capture beautiful deep-sky images.
- The Orion ED80 refractor's short focal length and superb apochromatic optics make it a great telescope for astrophotography and visual use
- The included Sirius EQ-G GoTo equatorial telescope mount and tripod supports the ED80 refractor with strength to spare for accomodation of additional astrophotography gear
- The ED80 sports a multi-coated 80mm objective lens doublet of 600mm focal length (f/7.5) made with extra-low dispersion FPL-53 ED glass for great visual and astrophotographic performance
- The state-of-the-art Sirius EQ-G GoTo mount contains a computerized database of 42,900 celestial objects to explore and photograph
- Includes 8x40 finder scope for easy aiming, 25mm Sirius Plossl 1.25" eyepiece, 1.25" prism star diagonal, telescope tube rings, Starry Night astronomy software, and more
The Orion Sirius ED80 EQ-G GoTo Refractor Telescope sports a multi-coated 80mm objective lens doublet of 600mm focal length (f/7.5). One lens element is crafted from extra-low dispersion, or "ED" optical glass. This high-grade glass greatly reduces the chromatic aberration that causes color fringing around bright objects and loss of sharpness in standard achromats.
The 2" Crayford-style focuser accepts both 2" and 1.25" accessories and has a drawtube tensioning knob for securing your camera position when imaging and your telescope eyepiece/diagonal assembly when observing.
With the Sirius EQ-G mount and GoTo hand controller you'll experience effortless computerized navigation to 42,900 celestial objects with a few button pushes on the illuminated hand controller. Internal dual-axis stepper motors move the telescope at up to 3.4° per second right to your target object, tracking it while you observe or photograph it. Periodic error correction (PEC), a port for an autoguider, and an illuminated polar axis scope for accurate polar aligning are all standard features, designed to ensure successful astroimaging adventures!
The tripod features extendable 1.75"-diameter stainless steel legs and a cast-metal spreader plate/accessory tray for unflinching stability. To power the mount you will need a 12-volt DC battery or an AC-to-DC adapter for use of 110-volt power.
|Name||Orion - Sirius ED80 EQ-G Computerized GoTo Refractor Telescope|
|Manufacturer Part No||24281|
|Custom Stock Status||Place your order to join our wait list - no deposit required.|
|Optical Tube Length||23.5 in.|