Orion ShortTube 80-A Refractor Telescope
The Orion ShortTube 80-A Refractor Telescope (for "Astronomy") is an upgraded version of our ever-popular ShortTube 80. Now improved with fully multi-coated optics and a soft carrying case, the "little telescope that could" is better than ever!
- Our popular ShortTube 80 refractor telescope, configured for astronomical viewing
- Fully multi-coated optics provides maximum light throughput to your eye for bright wide-field views
- Big 8x40 finder scope makes it easy to aim the ShortTube 80-A accurately
- The 400mm, f/5 achromatic refractor optics deliver wide-field views of deep-sky and solar system objects
- Features a smooth-adjusting 1.25" rack & pinion focuser, and includes 90-degree mirror star diagonal, two Expanse eyepieces (20mm, 9mm), tube rings, short dovetail bar, soft carry case, and Starry Night software
A fantastic take-anywhere astro telescope, you'll love its bright, wide-field views. Its 80mm objective lens and short 400mm (f/5.0) focal length are perfect for scanning the heavens. Its wide field of view makes it ideal for deep sky targets. You'll see dramatic star clusters, wispy nebulas, and expansive galaxies. But it also excels for viewing solar system targets. You'll also monitor the moon's phases and track the motions of the planets with crisp views of Saturn's rings and Jupiter's moons.
Multi-coating on all air-to-glass surfaces ensures maximum light transmission for sharp, accurate image fidelity. Includes an aluminum rack-and-pinion focuser (1.25"), 90° mirror diagonal, large 8x40 finder, tube rings, and two Expanse eyepieces (20mm and 9mm). And the convenient mounting block attaches easily to Orion telescope mounts. It's a great way to get started in astronomy — or add a portable second scope to your astro arsenal.
|Name||Orion - ShortTube 80-A Refractor Telescope|