Orion Scenix 10x50 Binoculars
Orion Scenix binoculars have always offered superior optical and mechanical quality compared to brands you find at most retail stores. And now Scenix binoculars are even better, incorporating porro prisms made from high-grade BAK-4 optical glass. These are the same prisms found in binoculars that sell for as much as four times the price.
You just can't beat Scenix for all-around value. Common, low-priced "mass market" binoculars have to cut corners by coating only one or two visible optical surfaces with antireflection coatings (and leaving many uncoated), by allowing looser tolerances on optical matching and alignment, and by employing poor-quality mechanical components.
- Ten-power binoculars with substantially wide 50mm objective lenses perfect for astronomy and/or long-distance terrestrial viewing
- Top-quality BAK-4 porro prisms and multi-coated objective lenses ensure bright, crisp images high in contrast
- Wide 7-degree field of view and 16 foot close focus lets you inspect nearby birds and wildlife with 10-power magnification in a nice wide view
- Sturdy metal (not plastic) housing with large center focusing mechanism
- Includes carrying case, lens caps and deluxe wide neck strap
Scenix binoculars are different. Every air-to-glass surface is antireflection coated, and the objective lenses are even multi-coated for additional light transmission. And Orion doesn't use gimmicky "ruby" coatings like you find on some brands, which only serve to turn images green!
This Orion Scenix 10x50 Wide Angle binocular is a perfect higher-power astro binocular, equally well suited for long-distance terrestrial observing. Extra wide angle 7° field. Weighs 28 oz.
Its housing is constructed of sturdy metal, not plastic, and is armored with protective rubber. The large center focusing mechanism is the same one found on many more expensive binoculars.
This binocular is rugged and reliable, delivering sharp images on demand. It includes a vinyl carrying case, lens caps, and deluxe wide neck strap. It accepts a tripod L-adapter (sold separately).
|Name||Orion - Scenix 10x50 Binoculars|