Orion Polar Alignment Scope for HDX110 EQ-G Mount
Align your Orion HDX110 EQ-G GoTo Mount quickly and accurately with this heavy-duty Polar Axis Finder Scope. Polar alignment is required for any equatorial mount to track celestial objects properly, and precise alignment is vital if you wish to capture high-quality astrophotos. This Polar Axis Finder Scope makes it easy to align your mount so you can enjoy peak performance every night.
- Heavy-duty external polar alignment solution for the big Orion HDX110 EQ-G GoTo Mount
- Allows faster polar alignment of the HDX110 Mount compared to software-assisted methods
- Features a non-illuminated, rotatable reticle pattern designed for use in both Northern and Southern hemispheres
- Easy to install and align with the HDX100 EQ-G GoTo Equatorial Mount
- Can be quickly removed following polar alignment, if desired
While the HDX110 Mount can be polar-aligned using a software-assisted routine, many users prefer the convenience of a dedicated polar axis finder scope. This external polar alignment solution allows you to align your HDX110 Mount more quickly, and it's delightfully easy to use. Just attach the Polar Axis Finder Scope to the HDX110 Mount using the heavy-duty included bracket, then follow the included instructions to quickly and precisely align the mount with the star Polaris.
The Polar Axis Finder Scope's non-illuminated, rotatable reticle pattern is designed for use in both Northern and Southern hemispheres. Three large alignment thumbscrews make it easy to quickly align the Polar Axis Finder Scope with the Right Ascension (RA) axis of the HDX110 Mount. The scope's eyepiece is conveniently focusable so you achieve the best alignment results. Once you've gone through the polar alignment process, you can remove the Polar Axis Finder Scope from the HDX110 Mount to get it out of the way, if desired, by simply removing two attachment screws. Weighs 32 oz.
|Name||Orion - Polar Alignment Scope for HDX110 EQ-G Mount|