Orion Focal Reducer Corrector for ED100
If you're an astrophotographer seeking even better performance from your Orion 100mm ED Refractor Telescope, our 0.85x Reducer-Corrector is for you. Designed specifically for use with this telescope and a DSLR camera, it reduces the scope's effective focal length to produce a faster system, which allows shorter exposure times. It also provides excellent field correction (flattening), yielding sharp stars out to the edge of a camera chip as large as 36mm x 24mm. That's even larger than the APS-C size chip found in DSLRs used most often by astrophotographers.
- Focal Reducer designed specifically for use with Orion's ED100 apochromatic refractor (ED100 sold separately)
- Reduces the effective focal length of the ED100 refractor telescope from 900mm to 765mm - changes focal ratio from f/9.0 to f/7.65
- Excellent for astrophotography use with DSLR cameras housing imaging chips as large as 36mm x 24mm
- Two-element lens assembly, with one element made from ED glass
- Fully multi-coated optics (all air-to-glass surfaces are multi-layer coated)
The Focal Reducer-Corrector achieves the nominal 55mm distance required from the optics to the DSLR's sensor for critical focus. It features a two-element lens assembly, with one lens made from high-quality extra-low dispersion (ED) glass. The optics are fully multi-coated to minimize light reflection off the lens surfaces. It reduces the focal length from 900mm to 765mm (f/9.0 to f/7.65), producing a faster system for improved astrophotograpy.
The Reducer-Corrector threads onto the focuser drawtube's male threads for a secure fit that will not introduce flexure. T-threads on the camera side accept your camera's T-ring. You will need a "wide" T-ring for your brand of camera, sold separately.
For owners of Orion's ED100 refractor who want to take astrophotos, this is a must-have accessory. It works well for daytime terrestrial photography too! Includes two thread-on lens caps.
|Dimensions||1.9 in. x 2.2 in.|
|No. of Elements||2|