Orion ED102T CF Triplet Apochromatic Refractor Telescope
It's beautiful. That's the first thought you'll have when you see our 102mm triplet apochromatic refractor, even before you look through the telescope! Well, prepare to be further impressed, because the Orion ED102T CF apo refractor telescope yields crystal-clear views and astrophotographs which surpass the glamour of its gorgeous carbon fiber tube design.
- Orion's highest-quality 102mm aperture apochromatic refractor telescope with a beautiful carbon fiber tube is a joy to look at, and to use!
- Air-spaced triplet objective lens made using FPL-53 extra-low dispersion glass provides the best color correction possible to deliver superb true-color astrophotographs and sharp, high-contrast visual views
- Massive machined, heavy-duty, 3" dual-speed Crayford focuser supports large format imaging cameras without vignetting
- Carbon fiber telescope tube construction saves weight and minimizes thermal expansion during long astrophotography sessions so your camera stays focused, even if the temperature changes
- Features a extendable carbon fiber dew shield with thumbscrew lock and includes hinged tube rings and a dovetail mounting plate for easy attachment to a telescope mount and tripod
Our ED102T CF is a truly beautiful apochromatic refractor telescope capable of providing tack-sharp views of celestial scenes so you can capture spectacular astrophotographs and equally stunning visual displays. Orion's largest aperture carbon fiber triplet apo features a 3-element objective using high-quality FPL-53 extra-low dispersion glass. The ED102T CF telescope optical tube assembly is completely free of false color so your images and views alike will be of the highest quality. Its f/7 focal ratio and 102mm aperture make it a very versatile telescope, able to perform admirably on a wide variety of celestial objects. Whether you're shooting the Moon and planets or going after more challenging cosmic quarry such as nebulas and galaxies, the ED102T CF fits the bill with elegance.
Outfitted with exquisite features, the carbon fiber 102mm triplet refractor telescope is optimized for photographic use with CCD imagers and DSLRs. Astrophotographers will appreciate its massive 3" Crayford focuser which can easily support large format imaging cameras without vignetting, even when using astrophotography cameras with sensors larger than 35mm. The colossal machined focuser is equipped with precision dual-speed (11:1) adjustment knobs, and can be rotated relative to the optical tube for optimal positioning of attached astrophotography gear. Internal knife-edge baffles maximize image contrast, and the strong yet lightweight carbon fiber tube minimizes thermal expansion during long variable-temperature imaging sessions so your camera remains focused. The ED102T CF refractor's carbon fiber dew shield can be retracted for transport and storage, and features a thumbscrew lock. Hinged tube rings and a dovetail mounting plate are included as well as a thread-on objective dust cap. The optical tube accepts the standard Orion dovetail mounting base (sold separately) if you wish to attach a finder scope.
|Custom Stock Status||In Stock|