Orion Atlas 10 EQ-G Reflector Telescope with GoTo
Nights under the stars will never be quite the same with the Orion Atlas 10 EQ-G GoTo Reflector Telescope. They’ll be much, much more rewarding. This scope’s huge 10" optics and precise, heavy-duty computerized GoTo mount will show you what big-telescope performance is all about.
- This telescope's big 10" optics and precision engineered equatorial mount will show you what big-aperture performance is all about
- The Atlas 10 EQ-G reflector features an expertly figured 254mm (10") parabolic mirror of 1200mm focal length (f/4.7) for breathtaking views
- The Atlas EQ-G mount's GoTo computerized database provides automated motorized access to 42,900 celestial objects
- The robust Atlas EQ-G mount provides stable support for the heavy optical tube and added accessories
- Includes 9x50 finder scope, 2" Crayford-style focuser, 1.25" 25mm Sirius Plossl, Starry Night astronomy software, and more!
It starts with the optics. The Atlas 10 EQ-G features an expertly figured 254mm (10") parabolic mirror with a 1200mm focal length (f/4.7) for big, very bright views. You’ll soon find yourself grinning ear to ear as your eyes take in beautifully bright views of elusive deep space objects that smaller aperture instruments simply cannot detect. Not to mention the breathtaking scenes the Orion Atlas 10 EQ-G GoTo Reflector will display of the Moon and planets of our solar system. The 2" Crayford-style focuser adjusts smoothly without backlash for precise performance and has a 1.25" adapter to accommodate either size of telescope eyepiece. A 1.25" 25mm Sirius Plossl telescope eyepiece comes standard, as does a nice, bright 9x50 finder scope to help aim this colossal reflector telescope.
Then there’s the telescope mount. The capable Atlas EQ-G provides rock-solid stable support and computerized GoTo control, courtesy of dual internal stepper motors that slew the scope at up to 3.4° per second and track with exceptionally low periodic error. Using the handheld GoTo controller lets you visit any of over 42,000 celestial objects with pushbutton ease. The Atlas EQ-G mount features backlash compensation in both axes and programmable periodic error correction (PEC) to provide the precision required for astrophotographic guiding with a dedicated autoguider and there’s even an ST-4 autoguider port built right into the drive base. The adjustable-height Atlas tripod has large 2"-diameter stainless steel tubular legs, making for a highly sturdy support system.
You will need an external 12-volt DC power supply or an AC-to-DC adapter to run off of 110-volt AC, such as an Orion Dynamo Pro (sold separately).
|Name||Orion - Atlas 10 EQ-G Reflector Telescope w/ GoTo Controller|