Orion 2" Extra-Narrowband Oxygen III Filter
It's all about details. Orions 2" Extra-Narrowband Oxygen-III Filter is one of a set of three filters designed to bring you bright and beautiful images of emission nebulae in monochrome astrophotography. Using extra-narrowband filters is the latest technique for producing striking, high-contrast color CCD astrophotography of emission nebulae.
- Astrophotographic 2" filter highlights blue/green Oxygen-III wavelength features of cloudy emission nebulas
- Filter transmits 90% of light at 500.7nm wavelength (O-III)
- High-quality filter for astrophotography with a full width half-maximum (FWHM) bandpass of 7nm or less
- This narrowband filter essentially blocks all other wavelengths of light, including light pollution, so you can capture astrophotographs in less than ideal conditions
- Threaded to fit Orion 2" astrophotography accessories, including nosepieces of Orion CCD cameras and inside Filter Wheels
If you're using a monochrome CCD camera like Orion's Parsec 8300M, these specialized "line" filters are the perfect complement. Orion's 2" Oxygen-III Filter has a full-width half maximum (FWHM) bandpass of just 7nm, ensuring high-contrast images, even in heavily light-polluted or brightly moonlit skies. The filter can be used separately or in combination with a filter wheel for advanced tri-color imaging of emission nebulae.
Capture your favorite nebulae in high-contrast, even if you live in the city or light-polluted areas. Just add Orions 2" Extra-Narrowband Oxygen-III Filter to your camera bag and see the difference a blackened background sky creates. Includes a protective plastic case.
|Name||Orion - 2" Extra-Narrowband Oxygen III Filter|