Orion 180mm Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope
Looking for something to satisfy your appetite for power? Try a big Mak! For the most demanding enthusiast, our Orion 180mm Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope sets a new standard for superb high-power performance in a remarkably compact design. With 7" of aperture and that long focal length Maksutov aficionados love, you'll get tack-sharp, high-contrast views and clearly defined photos with subtle detail.
- Superb moderate and high-power optical performance in a remarkably compact telescope design
- Whopping 7.1" aperture and 2,700mm focal length (f/15) Maksutov-Cassegrain excels for high-power solar system viewing of the Moon and planets
- Boasts enough aperture to collect light for pleasing views of more narrow Deep Sky objects such as planetary nebulas and globular star clusters
- Only 22" long and weighs less than 16 lbs. for compact portability and easy storage
- Visual back accepts 1.25" diagonals and accessories. Includes Starry Night software.
The Orion 180mm Maksutov-Cassegrain (7.1") Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope optical system has 2,700mm focal length (f/15). With 44% greater light grasp than a 150mm Mak, you'll get brighter images and better resolution. No other optical design can deliver such potent optical specifications in a package that measures just 22" long and weighs in at less than 16 lbs. The meniscus lens is fully multicoated for maximum light transmission, further enhancing image brightness. The visual back accepts 1.25" telescope eyepieces and accessories, and a dovetail bracket on the rear cell accepts any Orion finder telescope or EZ Finder. The dovetail rail on the underside of the tube attaches to your Orion SkyView Pro, Sirius, or Atlas mount.
Our biggest Mak offers the amazing image definition Maks are known for, but with a hefty 7" of aperture for brighter images.
|Highest Useful Magnification||300x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||13.9|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||26x|
|Optical Tube Length||22.5 in.|
|Optical Tube Weight||15.9 lbs.|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction||1.61 in|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area||5%|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter||23%|