Orion 12.5mm Illuminated Reticle Plossl Eyepiece
The 12.5mm Orion Illuminated Plossl Telescope Eyepiece is a vital addition to any astronomer’s equipment collection thanks to its many useful applications.
- Four-element 12.5mm focal length 1.25" Plossl telescope eyepiece with an illuminated double crossline reticle
- Excellent for accurate polar alignment, GoTo system alignment, IntelliScope system alignment, and acquiring and centering of guide stars for guided astrophotography pursuits
- Fully multi-coated lenses provide bright views with a 40° apparent field of view
- LED-illuminated double crossline reticle has adjustable focus and brightness
- Illuminator requires three GP-189 batteries (included)
Acheive precise alignment of computerized GoTo systems easily by using the relatively high-power 12.5mm focal length eyepiece to accurately center alignment stars. The illuminated reticle enables you to precisely center alignment stars and objects in the telescope, thus increasing accuracy of the GoTo system.
The 4-element Plossl design is also well suited for off-axis guiders, where light gathering is minimal, to help ensure tracking accuracy during guided astrophotography sessions. Use the 12.5mm Illuminated Plossl with an off-axis guider (sold separately) to keep a guide star centered precisley to capture tack-sharp astrophotos.
A 4-element Plossl design with fully multi-coated lenses ensures bright views through the illuminated reticle eyepiece. Its 40° apparent field is ideal for multiple functions. The LED-illuminated double crossline reticle has adjustable focus and brightness. Three GP-189 batteries (included) are required for illuminator operation. Also compatible with three SR-54, SG-10, or equivalent button-cell batteries (not included). The Orion 12.5mm Illuminated Plossl telescope eyepiece features a 1.25" barrel diameter, compatible with 1.25" telescope focusers, or 2" focusers equipped with a step-down 1.25" adapter.
|Name||Orion - 12.5mm Illuminated Reticle Plossl Eyepiece|
|Custom Stock Status||In Stock|