Opticron 10x42 Aurora BGA Binoculars - Black
The Opticron Aurora BGA is one of the definitive example of putting our maxim “smaller, lighter, brighter, sharper” into practice.
Building on the strengths of the original BGA concept and models like the DBA Oasis, both the 8x42 and 10x42 Aurora resemble and handle like smaller 8x32/10x32 binoculars but with the performance advantages of a larger 42mm objective lens.
Designed and manufactured to be smaller, lighter and sharper with a wider field of view and better close focus compared to any previous BGA model, the Aurora delivers the ultimate balance between size and weight, resolution and field of view currently attainable from this roof prism format.
The optical design doesn’t just reduce the overall dimensions and finished weights of the Aurora but delivers 7.2° (8x42) / 6.5° (10x42) field of view with stunning resolution guaranteed at under 4 arc seconds for each and every binocular. Close focus is rated at under 6ft.
Manufactured using a lightweight alloy body and protected from heavy use and the elements in a beautifully finished textured rubber covering with patented shock-proof rubber objective lens protection, the Aurora feels very special in the hand, is perfectly balanced and comes with a focusing set-up other binoculars can only aspire to.
Other features include:
- Fully nitrogen gas filled waterproof construction to a depth of 16ft
- Internal focusing 540° rotation allowing precise adjustment with sub 6ft close focus
- The highest quality roof prisms featuring Oasis prism coating and phase correction coatings
- Opticron S-type multi-coating that allows both models to achieve the highest possible clarity & color contrast in the widest range of light conditions from early morning till dusk
- Durable alloy 4-stage locking rotating retractable eyecup assembly with ‘click stop’ diopter adjustment
- Finished weights under 24oz
- Integral tripod adapter socket
|Name||Opticron - 10x42 Aurora BGA Binoculars - Black|
|Eye Relief||19 mm|
|Linear Field of View (@1000 m)||113 ft|
|Linear Field of View (@1000 yds)||339 ft|
|Near Focus||5.9 ft|