JMI NGT 18 f/4 28" Telescope
- Open truss Newtonian
- Split-ring equatorial mount
- Rotating nose assembly
- Compact size
- Fast assembly
- 18-point flotation mirror cell
- Includes StellarCAT ServoCAT Jr. Track/GOTO compatible with Go-To computers and planetarium software
- NGC-superMAX (Argo Navis) Go-To computer
- CCD Autoguider compatible
- Battery and AC operation
- Adjustable focal point
- Snap-fit Serrurier truss rods
- Massive 2" declination ball bearings
- Personalized name plaque
- JMI's celebrated quality construction
- Type: Newtonian reflector
- Mount: Equatorial split-ring
- Mirror: 18" f/4.5 enhanced primary, 4" enhanced diagonal secondary
- Power: 12vDC operation with lead-acid batteries or adapter
- Weight: approximately 245 lb., the heaviest single component is 75 lb.
- Height: 80" assembled, 30" collapsed, Eyepiece height 76" at Zenith
- Width: 36"
- Depth: 30"
- Finder: 9x50 straight through
- Rotating Nose Assembly for comfortable viewing of any part of the sky.
- EV-2n Focuser with Motor for motorized focusing. (upgrades available)
- Extension Tube for 2" Focuser.
- 25mm 1.25" Plossl Eyepiece.
- 9x50 Finder Scope (straight-through) with dovetail mount.
- Piggy-Back Camera Mount for piggy-back photography.
- Off-Axis Counterweight for attaching to the piggy-back camera mount (2).
- Serrurier Truss Rods snap fit into heat treated, spring steel cavities.
- Adjustable Focal Point including three different nose assembly mounting positions for visual and photographic work.
- Sliding Counterweights positioned along the truss rods for fine tuning the balance (4).
- Split-Ring Equatorial Drive with 36" drive ring.
- 18-Point Flotation Mirror Cell.
- 18" Mirror. A precision annealed 2" thick Pyrex diffraction-limited primary mirror with enhanced coating giving 95-96% reflectivity.
- Primary Mirror Dust Cover with Two F-Stops providing 3" and 6" apertures.
- Mirror Cooling Fan with filter and grill.
- Integrated Optical Encoders and a StellarCAT tracking, slewing and Go-To system.
- NGC-superMAX (Argo Navis) Computer digital setting circles with an over 29,000-object database and too many features to list here.
- Battery or AC Power with 12vDC 4.6A rechargeable lead-acid batteries, audible low battery alarm, 12vDC cigarette lighter adapter and 110vAC/60Hz or 220vAC/50Hz (specify) wall transformer.
- Built-In Lifting Handles permit easy transportation.
- Latitude Adjustment with scale for fine adjustment of latitude setting. Adjusts from 30º to 55º. (modification available see Low Latitude Base Wedge below)
|Name||JMI - NGT-18 (f/4.5) 18" Telescope|
|Manufacturer||Jims Mobile, Inc. (JMI)|
|Finderscope||9x50 straight through|
|Height||80" assembled, 30" collapsed, Eyepiece height 76" at Zenith|
|Mirror Cell||18" f/4.5 enhanced primary, 4" enhanced diagonal secondary|
|Optical Design||Newtonian reflector|
|Power||12vDC internal lead-acid batteries or AC adapter for fan operation|