This is a discontinued item. We recommend the Meade 8" LX800-ACF Optical Tube Assembly as a replacement.
THE NEW LX80 MULTI-MOUNT EASILY TRANSITIONS BETWEEN GERMAN EQUATORIAL, ALT-AZ AND DUAL OTA CONFIGURATIONS TO HANDLE ALL YOUR ASTRONOMICAL NEEDS.
Now you no longer have to make the difficult decision between the ease of setup and operation of an altazimuth mount or the versatility and long duration imaging capability of a German Equatorial Mount. Meade's new LX80 is the only mount that gives you both plus one more - three computerized GoTo mounts for the price of one.
GERMAN EQUATORIAL, ALT-AZ & DUAL OTA
The remarkable LX80 Multi-mount operates in three modes, German equatorial, single OTA altazimuth and dual OTA altazimuth. Setting up in any mode is quick and easy:
- Solid aluminum structure, with two large, tapered roller bearings.
- Carries a total payload of up to 40 pounds in EQ/Alt-Az modes and 75 pounds in dual OTA modes.
- Precision worm gear drives on both axis deliver smooth, accurate tracking. Meade's proprietary SmartDrive™ provides periodic error correction that dramatically reduces errors providing performance only available on much more expensive mounts.
- Primary and secondary OTA dovetail plates are industry-standard for maximum compatibility with all of your OTAs.
- The computerized GoTo mount is controlled with the amazing AudioStar Computer Controller with Meade's exclusive Astronomer Inside audio descriptions of the objects you are viewing.
- With large two inch diameter stainless steel legs, the all new LX80 tripod is rugged and stable. Built-in fine-tune leg levelers at the top of each leg make doing small adjustments the easiest they've ever been.
- The LX80 is available with a variety of optical tube assemblies including Meade's Schmidt-Cassegrain systems in 6, 8 and 10 inch apertures. The new Series 6000 ED Triplet APO refractors, in 80mm and 115mm apertures, Coronado SolarMax II 60 and SolarMax II 90 for H-alpha solar viewing. The LX80 is also available as mount/tripod only.
The new line of LX80s with Multi-Mount from Meade Instruments is the most innovative and versatile mid-range telescope system available anywhere.
LX80 MULTI-MOUNT FEATURES The LX80 brings together an astonishing array of technological and mechanical achievements that provide the kind of innovation and quality that only Meade can deliver. This one-of-a-kind, three mode system features:
Industry-standard dovetail OTA mounting The die-cast aluminum, industry-standard dovetail provides compatibility with most OTAs.
Heavy-duty mount Rock-solid, stable platform with precision worm gear drives on both axes for both visual and astrophotographic requirements.
Sectional counterweight shaft Allows for selecting the ideal shaft length for counterbalancing or dual-tube configurations.
Multi-mount adjustment Quickly change between alt-az mode and German Equatorial mode.
Control panel Includes power connector, handbox port and two auxiliary ports for connecting optional equipment.
Audiostar™ computer-control handbox Meade’s revolutionary AudioStar computer controller finds and points your telescope to over 30,000 objects in the night sky. With its Astronomer Inside™ digital audio technology, everyone around the telescope can listen and learn about the 500-plus celestial objects contained in its database, including planets, nebulae, star clusters, the Moon and much more.
Fine-tune tripod adjusters Quickly and easily level your tripod for optimum pointing accuracy.
Stainless-steel tripod legsTwo inch diameter legs provide a stable foundation.
|Name||Meade - 8" LX80 (f/10) Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope - DISCONTINUED|
|Barlow Lens||Aspheric high-spectral transmission Borofloat glass from Shott AG Germany|
|Communication Ports||12v DC, Power, HBX port, 2 Aux ports (RS232)|
|Computer Hand Control||AutoStar Controller|
|Eyepieces||26mm Series 4000 Super Plossl|
|Latitude Range||25° to 90°|
|Material||Diecast aluminum with ABS panels|
|Motor Drive||Smart Drive|
|Mount||12 inch L x 8 inch W x 14 inch H|
|Mount Weight||35 lbs|
|Other||alt-az or German EQ configuration, dual OTA configuration, optional plug-in autoguider port|
|Power Requirements||12v DC, 5 amp power supply|
|Primary Mirror||Low-expansion borosilicate glass|
|Slew Speeds||RA and Dec:1x, 2x, 8x, 16x, 64x, 128x sidereal and 1.5°/sec., 3°/sec., 6.5°/sec.|
|Software Features||AutoStar Suite Planetarium Software|
|Software Precision||Up to 5 arcminutes|
|Star Diagonal||1.25 inch diagonal prism|
|Tracking Rates||Sidereal, lunar or custom selected from 2,000 incremental rates|
|Tripod||Adjustable-height tripod with 2 inch stainless steel legs. Includes fine adjustment leg levelers on each leg. Range of fine adjustment for each leg + 0.2 inch. Tripod height adjusts from 30.5 to 47 inches.|
|Viewfinder||8x50mm with cross-hair reticle|