This is a discontinued item. We recommend the Meade 6000 80mm OTA as a replacement.
Meade 80mm ED Triplet APO Refractor
- The Meade 80mm ED Triplet APO Refractorhas an f/6 (80mm), the focal ratio - tailor-made for fast wide field astrophotography.
- Manufactured with the finest Japanese FCD1 ED (Extremely Low Dispersion) glass. This glass is created to achieve a very small change in refractive index with different wavelengths of light.
- The Meade 80mm ED Triplet APO Refractor offers broadband multicoated lenses ensure maximum light transmission.
- True triplet optical design guarantees the textbook color correction you expect from a premium APO.
- The Meade 80mm ED Triplet APO Refractoroffers a fully extendable dew/sunshade - an essential accessory built-in to the design for your convenience.
- Package includes Series 5000 2" Enhanced Diagonal and Aluminum Case.
For crisp wide field observing and imaging, nothing can beat a true triple-element apochromatic refractor (APO). This is especially true in astrophotography, where APOs have produced some of the most beautiful images of the heavens ever taken from earth. But not all APOs are created equal. Today's market is filled with semi-APOs (with two lenses instead of three) that don't bring all the colors to focus in the refractor. Thanks to a two-year design process and a triple objective lens made from the highest quality ED (extra-low dispersion) glass, Meade Series 5000 ED APO Triplets are virtually free of chromatic aberration (color fringing). This means they outperform the most expensive semi-APOs at a fraction of the cost.
Expert observers will be delighted by the total absence of color fringing and the scope's textbook-perfect pinpoint star images. Even beginners will notice the breathtaking high contrast and resolution of a Series 5000 APO. One astronomer commented that the Series 5000 APO kicked butt on my semi-APO that cost twice as much. The scope is available as a standalone OTA, or as a package (as shown here) with the new Series 5000 2" enhanced diagonal and an aluminum carrying case.
- 3-element Apochromatic Refractor design with an Optical Diameter of 80mm (3.1").
- Built-in extendable dewshield and fully multicoated optics.
- Machined Aluminum Crayford Focuser.
- 15" in length and weighs just over 6 lbs.
|Focal Length||480mm (f/6)|
|Optical Design||3 element apochomatic refractor|