- See a whole sky overview, with the telescope position overlaid.
- Zoom in on your target, with field-of-view of the camera superimposed.
- Greatly enhanced object database and powerful search capabilites.
- Instantly overlay images from the camera to help you identify targets.
- Graphically control image plane rotator.
- Automatically identify stack groups by object ID and color filter - no more sorting through image files!
- Automatically reject poor quality images based on criteria you choose.
- Calibrate and/or color convert images on-the-fly during stacking.
- Align images using a variety of automatic and manual alignment technqiues.
- Color combines RGB and LRGB image sets, using a single alignment reference image.
- Works from disk to save precious RAM.
- Stack multiple images with hundreds of individual subexposures, just drop in a folder and click Go!
New Processing Features
- New image file thumbnails and both XP and Vista/7 style open/save dialog boxes
- Load and save complete program configures
- Processing log window
- Star profile graph
- New Stack command
- Automatically or manually generate multiple stack groups, including complete LRGB groups
- Automatically grade all images for quality, and only include images meeting your criteria
- View grading information for individual images, with manual override
- Export image grading information
- Pre-measure alignment for all images prior to stacking
- Calibrate on-the-fly during stacking; saves time and disk space - New Drizzle capability
- Automatically perform LRGB stack after combine
- All images in LRGB set are aligned to single reference image
- Load up hundreds or thousands of images with multiple different targets, click Go, and MaxIm DL will automatically assemble all of your LRGB sets ready for final processing
- Wavelet filters for image enhancement
- Easier to use Color Convert (debayer), with presets for many popular camera models
- Remove Background Color
New Program Levels
- MaxIm DL Basic: webcams, DSI-style cameras, image processing
- MaxIm DSLR: Basic plus DSLR support, focuser control, telescope control, astrometry, enhanced image processing
- MaxIm DL Pro: all features including DSLR and CCD control, mini planetarium, AO, filter wheels, rotator, dome, photometry
- MaxIm DL Pro Suite: Pro with MaxPoint telescope mount modelling and pointing refinement
- MaxIm DL IP: all image processing and analysis features, no equipment control, reads DSLR Raw frames
New Equipment Control Features
- Built-in Rotator control
- Built-in Dome control with slaving, shutter operation
- Support for second focuser and filter wheel for autoguider
- Built-in mini planetarium with All Sky view and Zoom view
- Instantly overlay camera images
- Search extensive catalog database by multiple criteria
- FOV indicator with Rotator control via mouse
- Resizable display
- See all equipment status at a glance
- Autocenter now accepts PinPoint calibration
- Automatic pier flip tracking
- Autofocus V-curve display
- Improved camera setup
- Larger camera control window with most camera settings in one view
- Camera control presets let you quickly change between your favorite settings for find, focus, center, and acquisition sequences
- Instantly swap cameras
- Improved focus information displays with trend graphs
- User-configurable camera, guider, and focus status displays
- Virtual keyboard for number entry in the dark