Starlight Xpress, LTD
FREE SHIPPINGModel#: SXVR-H16(48 States)
- Large, high resolution Kodak CCD chip, with 4,194,304 x 7.4uM square pixels in a 15.15 x 15.15mm array.
- Low dark signal - Dark frames not necessary for most of the brighter deep sky objects.
- Anti-blooming with minimal effect on linearity and no lost active area.
- Built-in super high speed USB 2.0 interface for approx. 2.5 second downloads.
- High sensitivity, 55% QE at peak (green light).
- Built-in autoguider interface and output - compatible with the optional dedicated external guide camera.
- Built-in dual serial ports for accessory control - directly drive filter wheels, GOTO 'scopes etc.
- Single USB cable control for all features - get rid of that dangerous cable tangle!
- Only ONE computer needed to control all of the devices and functions.
- Very low power consumption. Less than 1.0 amps at 12v DC - 12VA at 110v or 240v AC.
- Compact and lightweight - only 75mm in diameter x 100mm long - less than 500 grams load on the 'scope!
The SXVF-H35 and H36 cameras are the largest in the SX line of Kodak CCD based imagers. We have used a two stage Peltier cooler for efficient CCD cooling, and a high-speed USB2 interface circuit for a short download time. The fast download minimises the visibility of bias frame artefacts, such as hot columns and the top to bottom gradient that is commonly seen on such chips. The camera shown on this page is the H36, as both versions have a closely similar appearance.... Learn MoreFREE SHIPPINGModel#: SXVR-H35(48 States)
We at Starlight Xpress believe that our cameras should be as user friendly as possible. This is the philosophy behind the design of the SXVR-H9 and results in a camera which needs virtually no maintenance and the minimum of effort to take top-notch astro photos. One key feature of the design is the ultra-low dark current, which means that dark frames are now totally redundant. It also means that the camera has no need of heavy cooling fins, or water cooling pipes and mess.... Learn MoreFREE SHIPPINGModel#: SXVR-H9(48 States)
Starlight Xpress Ltd is a specialist supplier of cooled CCD cameras for low noise imaging applications. We provide a wide range of high performance cameras for both amateur and professional imaging, at competitive prices. If you are looking for an economical, low noise CCD camera for astronomy or fluorescence imaging etc., you will find it here!
SX Ltd has been in business since 1991 and was set up to market CCD camera designs originated by the amateur astronomer, Terry Platt. Terry is still designing the cameras and Michael Hattey is in charge of sales and marketing. Richard Austin is in charge of production and test. We think that you will find us to be a friendly and helpful team.